The Cigar NST is a 9.5E...tempted, but I'd probably slip out of a Barrie E. I'm considering a Cap Toe Bal, but I'd prefer my Cigar to be something else.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3989
Styleforum Top Picks
^^^I've seen this before. It is the result of bad karma by getting an extra discount that was not meant to apply to Alden shoes by means of an underhanded tactic.
...J/K, I've sneakily employed a discount when it should not have applied to buy Alden shoes from BB.
Which begs the question... What is your next grail, Doc?
What's your current Alden Line-up? It has to have gotten pretty big by now. (Don't include your AE make-ups, they don't count)
...and of course, wear your grail LWB in good health.
All the talk about JCrew and its return policy reminded me that I've been meaning to ask our thread about the following situation I've been having with my JCrew suede LWBs:
I bought the suede LWBs back in Feb (with the help of my favorite JCrew stylist's clandestine 25% "price reduction" and, shortly after beginning to wear them in the spring, noticed--first on the right shoe and then later on the left--that horizontal lines would develop where the shoes would crease due to walking. My initial thought was, "Hey, shoes crease. They're shoes, not Rembrandts after all." However, these "creases" are extensive enough that it comes to appear as though there is no suede material in those sections.
I can sometimes use my suede brush and eraser to try to minimize the horizontal lines forming, but they always come back. What further leads me to believe I should look into this is that the pics you other JCrew suede lwb owners post always feature pristine looking suede on the vamp. Do I have a defective shoe and, if so, would it be worth it to talk to JCrew about a replacement? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have the lines on some Cleverleys too, not sure what the reason is but don't think it's a major issue?
Also lot's of Navy CXL ptbs in seconds for the person who was looking for them
Be patient, and don't compromise on what you really want. That's how you end up with too many shoes that you practically never wear.
UPS stopped into my waiting room to deliver my grail Ravello LWBs today while I was with a patient. Sure was difficult to keep listening to what the poor patient had to say as I held back my tears of joy and relief
Btw, please let me add another hearty +1 for Kathy and Joe at DC. They sent me yet another Alden shoehorn, as well as not one, but two extra pairs of Alden laces. Please let me know if anyone needs an extra pair of Alden laces. I'd be glad to send them along your way!
Nice pickup. I was too low on the wire for him but grabbed Cook in one league and Cameron in the other. Both upgrades at TE for me.
Sounds like we need an Alden fan FF league
I have the same issue with my tan suede LWBs from LeatherSoul. It happened immediately, and the lines were set by the third wear. I decided it was patina and moved on.
True...thanks. Something a little less formal than a $700 balmoral cap would probably get more use. Still, I'm sure I'll dream of ordering them tonight...hide the phone tomorrow.
Full and fair disclosure: I own the Cigar Strait Tip Balmoral from Citi. I haven't worn it yet, but not for lack of wanting to. I haven't had a chance to implement the Mac Break-in Method on them. I think a big question you should ask yourself when considering this shoe is: How often do I wear a suit?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A bit darker than most cigar, but perhaps appropriately so given the formal nature of this shoe, as JermynStreet has pointed out in the past.
Not to defame any reputations, but rather to share my experience...
I was on a list for their Grant Cigar Cap Toe Boot on Commando and they never called me about them. This was about 2 or 3 restocking cycles ago [for that model]. A blessing in disguise really, because I think it was an emotional, Alden Frenzy motivated decision, and that make-up wouldn't have fit my style very well. However, the lesson is: don't rely on them calling you. Sounds as though they may have become more organized with these size reservations since then, but that's my story pertaining to their "lists".
Hopefully they don't sell my Thor Boot to someone else, should they ever come in.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Shoe Antiquing 28 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Which shirts? 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015