or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 399

post #5971 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post
360 degree flat welt on the Leffot's. It might not seem like much, but the little things can make all the difference sometimes. Also, I might be wrong but I'd guess that the laces are the same color and just appear to be different in the pictures. I don't think Alden has a slightly different lace color that it ships. Like I said, I could be wrong about that.
Good eye! Don't think I've ever seen an Indy boot with the 360 flat welt before. Definitely adds a classy touch. I would have liked to see a commando sole on it too, but I suppose that would be infringing on the characteristics of an "Ultimate Indy".

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #5972 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
Horrible. Let us know how you feel about the replacement. I am looking at that exact shoe.


I returned the shoes for a full refund. The retailer was quite sincere about it and promptly paid me back. I actually used the fund to buy a different pair.
post #5973 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
My first pair of Aldens just arrived today from Tom... and they are gorgeous (no QC issues that I can discern ). Kudu Ultimate Indy.

Quick iPhone shot...


Kudu is a great leather....I think you'll really enjoy those!
post #5974 of 87488
i got this water dispenser today to help with my shoe cleaning
post #5975 of 87488
Question for the sizing experts... I have a pair of Medallion tips made on the Aberdeen last in size 14E. I like the fit, but I think I could lose just a fraction in width and/or length without any serious dramas. Therefore, which will be closest to the 14E Aberdeen's? Either: 13E Barrie or 14D Grant.
post #5976 of 87488
so, i finally decided to buy a pair of 974. i would like to know the proper sizing/fitting for this model. when i'm only wearing socks, there is a gap between my heel and the shoe that i could insert my thumb snugly. if i put insoles, it seems like a perfect fit.. should i return for exchange or keep it? i wear 10D on red wing with 1/2 allowance and ordered 10D on 974.. should i get 9.5D for true to size?
post #5977 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Question for the sizing experts...

I have a pair of Medallion tips made on the Aberdeen last in size 14E. I like the fit, but I think I could lose just a fraction in width and/or length without any serious dramas.

Therefore, which will be closest to the 14E Aberdeen's? Either: 13E Barrie or 14D Grant.

14D would be closer than 13E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekstyl View Post
so, i finally decided to buy a pair of 974. i would like to know the proper sizing/fitting for this model. when i'm only wearing socks, there is a gap between my heel and the shoe that i could insert my thumb snugly. if i put insoles, it seems like a perfect fit.. should i return for exchange or keep it? i wear 10D on red wing with 1/2 allowance and ordered 10D on 974.. should i get 9.5D for true to size?

If there's that much room in the heel then you should probably size down...
post #5978 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHighway View Post
i got this water dispenser today to help with my shoe cleaning

All the Japanese shoe geeks are getting those...where'd you pick it up?
post #5979 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
14D would be closer than 13E.

Thanks - would you say the same for a 14D Barrie?

Looks like I'm going to try a new pair of color 8 cap toe boots on for size (fingers crossed).
post #5980 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Thanks - would you say the same for a 14D Barrie?

Yes, 14D Barrie would be somewhat similar to your 14E Aberdeen.
post #5981 of 87488
Sounds even better. Appreciate the assistance Out of interest, are LeatherSOUL still doing preorders? When is the next one likely to be?
post #5982 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
All the Japanese shoe geeks are getting those...where'd you pick it up?


http://www.amazon.com/Dispenser-5oz-...3941786&sr=8-1

seems like this exact one. Probably not originally intended for shoe-shining purpose
post #5983 of 87488
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Dispenser-5oz-...3941786&sr=8-1

seems like this exact one. Probably not originally intended for shoe-shining purpose

Given that it says "Hand Lamp" on it, I'd say probably not.
post #5984 of 87488
Leffot again. Natural Chromexcel looking good on a Longwing
post #5985 of 87488
^ I like those LWBs ... I'd prefer a darker color on the reverse welt though -- but most probablly, these lighter ones will darken with wear and polishing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***