Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3967
Styleforum Top Picks
Were they the same ones here?
I'm looking into these, and i'm hoping these are a more of a brown vs the orange everybody has been saying they are.
This is the same stock photo they have used for years. I would bet that if you order this shoe online from J Crew you will receive the the (more-) brown version. Worst thing that could happen is you return it without any cost on your part. The other thing you could do is call the J Crew men's shop at Columbus Circle in NYC where I saw them (212-823-9302) and ask them to ship you your size. The newer version is definitely worth it; GREAT make-up!
1 Calf Tassle Moc in Black
1 Shell PTB in Black
1 Shell PTB in #8
1 Shell LHS in Ravello (arriving tomorrow)
I'm done for awhile I think. There is that pair of Whiskey LWB on eBay that looks like it'll go for $700+ and that's out of my price range to say the least!
Does using a deer bone really help to get rid of scratches? More than a spoon? I am skeptical of the oils in the bone helping angle, because aren't the bones quite dry to the touch? How much deer oil could get transferred?
I ask because I do have a few pairs which have scratches, and I have got some time on my hands to do something about them.
What do you all recommend?
My stash is 30 shell pairs, one calf.
I've never used anything but bone on my shell and it works wonders for removing scratches (so I can't compare to a spoon). As for the oils - there is definitely something in the bone. If you rub it over the shell you definitely see some residue left behind, and I don't believe that it's the bone lifting oil from the shell. If you rub your hands over them they will also feel slightly oily afterwards.
Check out Namor (I think it was) doing the 'mac method' on his boots with some deer bone throne in for good measure - you can see the residue it leaves
I just saw the new 17's the other day. I was really impressed with them. They were heavy weight but didn't feel like cardboard. I have a pair of the SL-100's and have been very pleased with them.
The pic looks like the SL-100 but I am not 100%
I don't really see myself getting much more shell, unless the rare shell shortage comes to an end. I have a #8 wingtip boot, vintage Florsheim Imperial burgundy shell LWB, and the J Crew PCT on order. I don't want to have a closet of 40+ shoes because I know most of them won't get worn, so I'm trying to cover all my bases without going overboard on any one specific color.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › things that are making you happy 9 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 33 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015