or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3930

post #58936 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

RTP - that is a great looking LWB. Wear in good health my friend!
+1 on your suede gunboats RTP. Looking very suave.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #58937 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Hopefully you guys don't throw me out of the thread for this...but I thought some of you shell fans might enjoy seeing my inaugural wear of my MTO AE Bayfield boots in cappuccino cordovan

How do they feel ... they look really snug and too narrow for your foot?
The crease developing on the cap of right shoe also looks a little concerning ... perhaps consider the pen-trick.
post #58938 of 87738

A new pair of cigar shell PTB on Barrie in 8D on ebay right now. Bids starting at $750!


Edited by tifosi - 8/30/13 at 11:53am
post #58939 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaker View Post


How do they feel ... they look really snug and too narrow for your foot?
The crease developing on the cap of right shoe also looks a little concerning ... perhaps consider the pen-trick.

They are actually one of the best fitting pair of shoes I own. I did not have them tied super tight in the photo but tightened them once I got to the office. I am not overly concerned about the crease as it will brush out pretty quickly and shoes are meant to be worn

post #58940 of 87738
Tempted to ask what last but no way if the bid starts at 750$. Well I guess the market will set the price.
post #58941 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Tempted to ask what last but no way if the bid starts at 750$. Well I guess the market will set the price.

Haha!! Good ole Barrie! Which makes them my size! Too rich for my blood. I have a hard time paying that money now when I know I get shell boots for less!

 

I will stick to black and #8 Aldens if that is the price for anything else.

post #58942 of 87738
Agreed my size as well. It isn't a grail for me I'd much rather a ravello nst boot or shoe. All the nst love lately has me hooked.
post #58943 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Agreed my size as well. It isn't a grail for me I'd much rather a ravello nst boot or shoe. All the nst love lately has me hooked.

I am on the hunt for an NST, too. I will pay the exotic premium for that. I just ordered a cappuccino shell PTB thru AE, so that will scratch that itch.

post #58944 of 87738

I get needing to sell them but drives me crazy when people look to turn a profit from it. So not my style...

post #58945 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I get needing to sell them but drives me crazy when people look to turn a profit from it. So not my style...

I would image that is the only reason they bought them as well. Quite possibly...

post #58946 of 87738
We are purists. I can see why given someone's potential situation they could seek to maximize their profit. I agree though it feels similar to shelling out three times the ticket value for a nfl game to some hustler who could care less about the team.
post #58947 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

We are purists. I can see why given someone's potential situation they could seek to maximize their profit. I agree though it feels similar to shelling out three times the ticket value for a nfl game to some hustler who could care less about the team.

Might be quite lucrative to go out and buy all the exotic shell you can wether it's your size or not...then sell.

post #58948 of 87738
Seriously, prices like that (if they're actually being bought) are making me consider flipping my Cigar LWBs just to try. Geez.
post #58949 of 87738
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Seriously, prices like that (if they're actually being bought) are making me consider flipping my Cigar LWBs just to try. Geez.

Yes, there is already a bid at $750 with 5 days left on the auction. They will sell for at least $750.

post #58950 of 87738
Could have sold them here and saved a lot of eBay fees. At cost I would have bought them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***