Ah, gotcha... I didn't realize Carmina has a burgundy shell. I will have to explore some internet pics.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3894
Styleforum Top Picks
Well I just purchased a pair of Black shell cordovan Indy boots form Zr0e in the classifieds.
this will be my 4th pair of Alden shoes but the first in cordovan. I am very excited to get a black
pair of Indy's for those outfits my natural CXL just don't fit with.
but now I gotta find a good deer bone...
the one I bought direct from the UK has splinters on the end where it was cut off
(discovered this by clawing up my black calf NST Blucher's)
I saw the Carmina's and thought about it, I'll be in a charcoal MTO suit though and I feel like the shade of those Carmina's is just too red or light ... not enough eggplant as a true #8 would be.
I may end up going with the Black Naval Boot from Leffot, but we will see. Again, thanks so much for everyone's help and speedy replies!
Can't think of a more appropriate occasion for black shell than a wedding. Especially your own.
Just a suggestion: Depending on what festivities you have planned for your wedding & reception (Bunny hop, electric slide - whatever), keep in mind the Naval Boot has a double oak soul and it -- and likely any other boot you choose -- will need time to break a bit before the big day (Not trying to dissuade you - I have the Naval boot and love it).
Good luck whatever you choose!
I have the whiskey shortwing oxford (bal) on the tremont last. While I like it quite a bit, I don't wear it that often. I wear the heck out of my color 8 LWB. Cigar, Black, and then ravello in that order. I baby my ravellos too much. I should wear them much more often.
1. Do you go half size up from TTS or half size up from barrie which means that you just go TTS on the aberdeen?
2. Have people had experience buying the aberdeen TTS but going to an E width instead of D?
Appreciate your feedback.
Whoa, guess the mind blocks out painful memories. Good thing my SBA loan to start my practice was a float, 2 points over prime, but still adjusted every quarter, so it dropped. Also, probably a good thing Ronald Reagan took over and lowered taxes. I think, by the time I paid it off, it was down to 13%, which meant I was able to pay it off early as less and less of the payment went to interest.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015