Angry on your behalf.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3893
Styleforum Top Picks
Long time lurker that has a quick request for help;
I'm trying to source a pair of boots for my wedding [out-door, November in Chicago]. I'm trying to find a pair of Cordovan #8 wingtip boots. While generally this wouldn't be a problem, Alden of Carmel has a pair like this as does TSM, I'm looking for a pair that DOESN'T have speed laces/hooks. I'm trying to find a true 9 eyelet #8 cordovan wingtip boot in the equivalent to Truebalance size 10D.
I currently have a pair of black calf Indy's that I really like, but wanted a wingtip boot for the wedding. I've already called TSM and while their website lists their cordovan #8 wingtip boot as being 9 eyelet the sales person assured me it in fact had speed hooks.
Can anyone help me out? In looking at the models listed on Alden NYC's website it looks like their version has speed hooks as well.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks a ton, and thanks for all the drool-worthy pics!
I would check Leather Soul in the City of Angels and Hawaii. They tend to order boots without speedhooks. You should also try Moulded Shoe in NYC because they specialize in the modified last and tend to have a lot of make-ups you won't find elsewhere. Good luck and congratulations.
The ruby and burgundy Carmina boots are amazing.
The trickers seem too casual
Speed hooks have never damaged my pants either.
IMO, whether for good or for bad, Carmina's boots tend to be primarily dress boots, if not exclusively so (as in the case of their bal boots).
Not a fan of Trickers.
Whoa, guess the mind blocks out painful memories. Good thing my SBA loan to start my practice was a float, 2 points over prime, but still adjusted every quarter, so it dropped. Also, probably a good thing Ronald Reagan took over and lowered taxes. I think, by the time I paid it off, it was down to 13%, which meant I was able to pay it off early as less and less of the payment went to interest.
I'm getting closer to convincing myself that I can wear those ruby boots and pulling the trigger. They're phenomenal in person.
It wouldn't solve the speed hook issue, but it's kind of too bad that Ironminded didn't get a pair of the Greeley in burgundy shell MTO. Those would be great for a wedding. (I think this photo is the burgundy version.)
/end Carmina diversion
You need Ruby.
Ruby and #4 to keep it Alden related.
Thank You mr.DV the new boots are beautiful but the exposed eyelets diminish this boots ability to be a dress boot IMO. I was really hoping to fill a gap in my rotation. I will say the plaza last is wonderful for boots. Additionally the depth of the color 8 is amazing.
Beautiful boot collection!
Exposed eyelets may not be as dressy but, in moderation (like, not EVERY boot you own), they provide an additional level detail to the the boot/shoe & make them more interesting (for example, suede bluchers and LWBs).
Edited by CEE88 - 8/26/13 at 8:25pm
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 2 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth