or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3880

post #58186 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Nice looking boots. The plaza #8 look very nice as well.
Thanks MrDV, the Plaza last plain toe boots are going to get a lot of wear this Fall. I've been slowly breaking them in.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #58187 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Leffot Black Shell Naval Boot:




With my color 8 Plaza last boot from JG


Green tongue(?)



Happened to be wearing the JG #8 Plaza last boots when the Naval (Barrie last) boots arrived. FYI they are both 10.5
Absolutely awesome boots you have there good sir. Which boot fits you better, plaza or barrie? Wear them in the best of health.
post #58188 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

I have a difficult time deceiding which of these I like best, guess it's whatever I'm wearing.




Who wouldn't have trouble deciding between two very nice pairs of boots.
post #58189 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Happened to be wearing the JG #8 Plaza last boots when the Naval (Barrie last) boots arrived. FYI they are both 10.5
Absolutely awesome boots you have there good sir. Which boot fits you better, plaza or barrie? Wear them in the best of health.

I agree with my friend BeSpiff, both are excellent boots.  Quick question though, is it me, or do the barrie lasted naval boots look sleeker and even slightly more narrow than the plaza lasted color 8 boots?

 

I'd be happy to possess either (or both)!

post #58190 of 79115
Hey guys,

Any leads on a #8 or Cigar long/short wing on something a bit sleeker than Barrie? (e.g. the "one-shoe")

I'm willing to wait but I'd like to lock something in soon if possible.

Right now, I'm pretty close to trying this Carmina pair, but I wouldn't mind something a bit darker as I already have something in the shade shown.

I'd also try some Marlows if I had easier access to them...
post #58191 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post

Hey guys,

Any leads on a #8 or Cigar long/short wing on something a bit sleeker than Barrie? (e.g. the "one-shoe")

I'm willing to wait but I'd like to lock something in soon if possible.

Right now, I'm pretty close to trying this Carmina pair, but I wouldn't mind something a bit darker as I already have something in the shade shown.

I'd also try some Marlows if I had easier access to them...


My friend, if I had it to do all over again, I would start out with the Alden for BB shortwing oxford on the M-75 last (very similar to plaza). 

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordovan-Leather-Wingtips/037H,default,pd.html?dwvar_037H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=4&cgid=0522

 

Currently the BB website only indicates 11D and 11.5D in stock.  However, the inventory of local BB stores across the country are not included in the website stock.  For instance, I found the shoe in my size at the BB store on Madison in NYC about a month ago.  It is spectacular by all accounts... may be the best fitting Alden I've tried and it's hands down superior to the RL Marlow, IMHO.  Go to a local BB store or call one (call the Madison store) and ask them to do a search for them.  I bet you locate one.  It's worth it!

 

Best of luck my friend...

post #58192 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Tan suede PTB today...





RTP, you fashion plate you.
post #58193 of 79115
The retailers are frustrated with alden's lack if responsiveness. It Is obvious it is not only frustrating but hurts their business.

By the way, as to Leffot, otherwise is always a limited window with preorders to specify special sizes. I do not know if there are limits to that, but one should definitely ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post

The fact that Alden is making shoes for J.Crew is not a really good for the smaller volume retailers. I would assume J.Crew has some stringent delivery requirements on their suppliers. Guess who's orders would have to be pushed back when production falls behind.

Leffot's "pre-sale deposit" system is great for those with normal size/width requirements. But not so if someone needs a 6C, 9EEE or a 12C. LS's or Epaulet's "pre-order" system does accommodate those needs.

Considering the retail profit margin is somewhere in the vicinity of 50%, the retailers should be equally frustrated as the pre-order customers. No products, no sales, no profits.
post #58194 of 79115
RTP: My friend, if I had it to do all over again, I would start out with the Alden for BB shortwing oxford on the M-75 last (very similar to plaza).

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordovan-Leather-Wingtips/037H,default,pd.html?dwvar_037H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=4&cgid=0522

Currently the BB website only indicates 11D and 11.5D in stock. However, the inventory of local BB stores across the country are not included in the website stock. For instance, I found the shoe in my size at the BB store on Madison in NYC about a month ago. It is spectacular by all accounts... may be the best fitting Alden I've tried and it's hands down superior to the RL Marlow, IMHO. Go to a local BB store or call one (call the Madison store) and ask them to do a search for them. I bet you locate one. It's worth it!

Best of luck my friend...


RTP is right about store availability. Just call the online number and have them do a nationwide search for your model and size. I have bought a few pairs that way.

Hands down superior in what way? Just curious ....

I own both the shoes in question (and like them both), but - questions of superiority left to the side - I find them quite different inasmuch as they are different colors of shell (burgundy v. brown), different styles (balmoral v blucher), different colors of edge trim (dark v. lighter), different thickness of sole (single v. double). Or have I misunderstood the shoes you are referring to?
post #58195 of 79115
Notreknip Hey guys,

Any leads on a #8 or Cigar long/short wing on something a bit sleeker than Barrie? (e.g. the "one-shoe")

I'm willing to wait but I'd like to lock something in soon if possible.

Right now, I'm pretty close to trying this Carmina pair, but I wouldn't mind something a bit darker as I already have something in the shade shown.

I'd also try some Marlows if I had easier access to them...


Check AoC for a color 8 shortwing.

There are many who own the Marlow shortwing and consider it one of the best looking shoes in their collection (count me among them). I own the Marlow and I used to own the Carmina Fitzgerald you link to (in boot form). I prefer the Marlow going away.
post #58196 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post

The fact that Alden is making shoes for J.Crew is not a really good for the smaller volume retailers. I would assume J.Crew has some stringent delivery requirements on their suppliers. Guess who's orders would have to be pushed back when production falls behind.

Leffot's "pre-sale deposit" system is great for those with normal size/width requirements. But not so if someone needs a 6C, 9EEE or a 12C. LS's or Epaulet's "pre-order" system does accommodate those needs.

Considering the retail profit margin is somewhere in the vicinity of 50%, the retailers should be equally frustrated as the pre-order customers. No products, no sales, no profits.
What specifically was your issue with Leffot? I asked if they could accommodate a C width for me and they said yes. I actually asked Epaulet that same question within the last couple of weeks and they said no.
post #58197 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjl1 View Post


Didn't see anyone answer this yet. Try this:

http://msandco.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/camo-canvas-duck-cloth-shoe-bag

thanks for the response. I eventually stumbled across them, but am not sure I want to pay $60 for a pair.. might gather some fabric and have a go at it icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #58198 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Absolutely awesome boots you have there good sir. Which boot fits you better, plaza or barrie? Wear them in the best of health.
Thank you, Sir. The 10.5D Plaza is a more snug fit. The 10.5D Barrie fits bigger all over, with more heel slippage but ultimately it feels like it will provide a roomier more comfortable fit. I have a couple of 10.5C Barries on order, and I'm hoping they will provide the perfect fit.
post #58199 of 79115
Carmina Cognac shell, Vass Ravello and good old Alden Ravello LWB.

post #58200 of 79115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

RTP, you fashion plate you.

cool.gif    (Much thanks my friend.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***