It has actually been up for quite a long time. It appears, at present, not a single size is available in the ravello NST boot. It would be nice if that was not he case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3722
Styleforum Top Picks
much thanks to Beatlegeuse for the recent transaction (and to the other gentlemen that sold them to him )
quick night time shot as I just got in. with the right tongue pad removed, they fit pretty darn good Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad you're happy with them, and they look like they fit you much better than they fit me! The search continues for me to find something similar...
two months back, I easily ordered that ravello NST in my size (11.5barrie/12plaza, cant remember what size I got), but it had unappealing marbling across the front end of the shoes. had it not been $700+, I might have lived with it. but for retail pricing, they went back..
that plus my jcrew ravello debacle doubt I'll ever get another pair in my hands
Really? I saw the Natty CXL, but not the brown. H. Stockton's blog said they were exclusive, but then again, they said that about the opera slipper too, and NY and DC offer it, although maybe on a different last, and maybe not in calf.
However, I know that both of you know your stuff, so I don't doubt what you are saying.
All this talk of waterlock gets me thinking. I'd like to replace the crepe sole on my snuff suede barrie chukkas with waterlock when the crepe wears out. I understand that Alden won't resole with anything other than what was spec'd at the time of manufacture. Has anyone seen an aftermarket/non-OEM waterlock type of sole?
Moulded Shoe has the stock Alden parts for resoles, and will customize.
Yeah, considering that most of my boots are engineers or work boots, this pair just gave me the fine balance between dress and causal. Add to the fact that I have been searching for a pair in sz 6.5 for some time now, this pair comes at the right time.
As this is my first pair of Shell boots/footwear, maybe someone here can advise me on what to do before I start wearing it? Should I apply any cream etc?
Thanks in advance!
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 seconds ago
- › spanish shoe brands 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Original Briefcase - Used in Excellent Condition 5 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Burgers....Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Burgers 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015