You could count me in on that as well--as long as it was color 8.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3712
Styleforum Top Picks
I have no reservations about wearing chukkas all year long. I wear both my suede and shell chukkas anytime of year (and am considering adding a CXL chukka as well). The only time I don't wear the suede is in the winter when there is enough snow or ice on the ground that I need to worry about salt.
I think the variations that you will see between the shades of ravello and cigar and whiskey from retailer to retailer will have more to do with the batch of shell from Horween rather than the particular retailer.
Searching and persistence (and pre-orders to a lesser extent) are your friend when waiting on shell in colors other than #8 or black.
I find that needing to wait has at least one positive, gives me time to replenish the bank account
Color 8, Alden Alt Wien boot, plaza last=
Anyone else? That's already 7.
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/25/13 at 7:02am
For many years had six pair of dress ahoes amd would wear each less than one day pwr woek week. Theae were hard wotking yeara and many of these days the shoes would see only carpet because I bicycled to and from work and the only hard use was walking a few blocks to work obligations and business events.
In addition, these are great shies. The other four shoes were two more pair of Aldens, and the other two were call skin church shirtwings and AE medallion tip monks. The AE and ahoetwings are long gone. All four Alden Corsovan are still on the scene. the some Church shoetwimgs and AE medallion captor monk straps.
That explains, I wonder how my calf shoes would look like 20 years down the road...
First, thanks to all for some very good insight. I couldn't agree more with this particular statement. Shoemart has a ravello chukka on order that is promised for September. I could certainly wait a few months as it would give me a chance to save a few coins. My dilemma is that I would like my next purchase to balance things a little and I just purchased a sweet pair of color 8 chukkas. If I could get either a whiskey or ravello full strap slip-on, my wardrobe would be balanced and complete........for at least a month.
I mention this because leather sole may have an order fir this bout pending or even coming. If no one has checked with the store, it may be worthwhile to do so.
uote name="venividivicibj" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/55680#post_6490081"]
Color 8, Alden Alt Wien boot, plaza last=
Anyone else? That's already 7.[/quote]
Black or natural edge dressing? If the boot is as pictured, but #8, Plaza last, AND black edge dressing, I'm in.
Does someone have an Alden seller in mind for the MTO? DC was amendable to the Thor boot, so maybe them?
Phew...glad I didn't get banned for using "boring" in an Alden thread. It is a great shoe. With cooler weather and the talk of year round chukka use, I may have to break it out tomorrow. I will NOT call its color 8 boring.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 2 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Two Pairs of Size 34 Flat Front Pants █ NWT and NWOT Corneliani... 24 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015