I visited the alden san Francisco store last week. Larry provided excellent customer service, you can tell he loves aldens as much as we do. I bought a cigar belt, the wider 35 mm. They have a couple bigger sizes left. They have whiskey size 40 and 42, and cigar 42. I wear size 36 belts, and bought the last size 38 they had. its a little longer, but fits nicely. I considered getting a whiskey as well and having it sized down, but didn't. is it bad that I enjoyed the alden store as much or more than the other touristy attractions?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3700
Styleforum Top Picks
Slightly off topic but owning the Alden x J.Crew #8 PCT boot, I thought this was interesting. I was browsing the latest J.Crew catalog, and was surprised to come across some Alfred Sargent for J.Crew footwear. There was a WT boot, a LWB and a double-monk. All in mahogany calf and $515-$550. Looked quite nice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As others have said, this is an outstanding combo. My EP brown houndstooth pants are with the tailor right now, can't wait to pick them up and start wearing them. All I need is the Ravello Brixton to come in and I'll be all set!
I agree. I wouldn't change your size with any future barrie purchases. The difference isn't significant enough to warrant a change, in my experience.
In your experience is their no difference between Alden and Alden made for BB in terms of quality standards that Alden sticks to?
Do members have a preference for the Alden cap toe 2160 (color 8) or the Alden for BB on snap last?
Appreciate your observation and preference on the above. Thanks!
BB might be more accommodating in terms of customer service
Not sure I agree with this... whenever I've tried or viewed Alden for BB in stores, they've been beat up, scuffed, etc... I found a pair of BB short wingtip bal/oxfords today at the BB on Madison Av. Wonderful shoe, but all kinds of finishing flaws... color 8 dye splashed all over the inside lining and little scuffs and dents here and there. Shell enthusiasts know these dents are difficult to remove unless you're adept with the dear bone. These issues do not bother me, but Adam of Carmel would have a giant-sized COW if you sent them back to him. Specialty stores like Leffot, Alden of Madison, etc... are much better with service and care than a general men's store that have SA's with little to no knowledge of shell cordovan. I don't have an opinion on the 2160 and the snap last. They're pretty similar. Cheers my friends...
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › things that are making you happy 20 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Meetup San Francisco September 17 Cafe Zoetrope 6:00PM 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015