Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3694
Styleforum Top Picks
I think those are color 8s. Don't mean to be heretical, but that light brown shoe next to King PTB that looks like a wholecut, is a very nice looking shoe. Alden should make that in a color 8. Or navy cordovan!
Just read the GQ list - unfortunately, after I wrote this note. Those light brown shoes are over $2,000! They do look great, but, of course, they damn well should!
Alden Shell PTB (9901) in GQ this month. Part of their "Six shoes that will last a lifetime" spread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd still take the "ugly duckling" over any of the other options in the list.
I'd happily take shoes 1, 3, and 5, counting from the left.
Here is my recent eBay purchase. The Shoemart color 8 indy. I was shocked and incredibly happy to see these listed in eBay because I really do not like the aesthetics of the hand stitching on the shell indys. I thought I would never get a chance to get a machine sewn shell indy boot since Alden stopped the machine stitching a number of years back. I love the all eyelets, 360 degree welt and commando sole. The only thing that kept be from buying them before was the hand sewn toe.
These boots have aged nicely and been well cared for. I like how the color 8 has aged a bit and softened the eggplant color. As has been mentioned time and time again, color 8 is King. Also, if the seller is a forum member or a visitor of the thread, I gotta say thank you!
Very nice........and encouraging. I picked up a pair of Color 8 Chucka's from Alden of Carmel and have been itching to wear them but wasn't sure how the commando sole would play in the summer. After seeing yours on your feet, I may throw caution to the wind.
I like that picture. great colors, great boots.
nice look rtp, that's a confident combo right there, I like the brooks brothers patchwork pants.
AWESOME boots uncle. not fair.
confident combo there mp. very nice work.
nice looking saddles. bold combinations.
off the market for sure. I wish I had a pair.
great looking sw uncle. perfect as usual.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 35 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 56 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › USPS - Most Worthless Tracking System? 3 minutes ago
- › New 8UK Rain Last Carmina Rubi Shell Oxford and New Rubi Belt! 4 minutes ago
- › How many meters did you swim today? 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015