Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3690
Styleforum Top Picks
Your sentiments are shared by many.
It is (I think) a little known fact that Dainite is an option for AE MTO's. Indeed, when I first requested it, I was told it was not an option and that AE doesn't use it. I then gently pointed out - by emailing a link - that indeed AE does:
I understand the above is the only model AE makes with Dainite.
I have since been told by the AE folks that mine was the first - and, at least for now, only - MTO model with Dainite.
I will follow up with you via PM.
beepos-Good luck on finding Ravello longwings! It's doable but a lot of digging is needed. Have you called every Alden store you can find? Nobody lists rare colors when they only have a few sizes, so calling is a must. It's how I scored most of my rare colors over the last 3 months.
Good advice. I didn't know this. I would love to find whiskey, or even ravello, in shell. Have searched the web with no luck. I will try your approach.
Of course, Aldens - even the dark cordovans -- can be worn all year long. I wore black cordovan PTBs yesterday in 93 degree/100% humidity heat and, the day before, cordovan captoe bluchers with a suit. Conservative business days demand a certain kind of dress.
But I felt hot and wilted just looking in the mirror. Dressing with burgundy or black on your feet with dark colored pants does not do justice to summer.
That is why Alden makes whiskey cordovan, burnished tan, and blue and tan suede shoes.
Today I am wearing off-white suede Indy boots with tan pants and white shirt. Aldens, but Summer Aldens.
Let's see those when the weather is sizzling hot.
I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this is, but is there any way to get a pair of Alden Longwing Bluchers that is not in Cordovan No 8 or Black? (I'm looking for the shell cordovans, not the CXL or waxed leather types)
I'm not a big fan of either of those colors, and it seems impossible to get shell in the cigar, the ravello or the whiskey. I've called and checked with Alden in NYC, SF, and Epaulet and Leffot, but no one seems to have it.
If these are rare colors, how often approximately are they made? Is it like a yearly thing, or kinda random?
Citishoes in NYC has some exotic cordovans in PTB, longwings, captoe balmorals and NSTs.
I'm intrigued by the Grant lasted wingtip bals. I wonder if this differs all that much from the look of the Hampton.
Everything else appears to be on the Barrie.
Wore my new snuff suede flex-welts today. They will take some getting used to. I'm so used to wearing 1lb 10oz boots with lining and double leather soles that these feel like I have nothing on. Almost "squishy" and insecure. I think they will be super comfortable for lounging about but not for any heavy walking.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 56 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › NWT Stephan Schneider Helium blazer sz VI 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge, August 28th: Boots 'n Suits 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Hannibal (NBC) 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015