or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3685

post #55261 of 79232

Good afternoon gents...

 

PSA: I'm in Baltimore and just visited Samuel Parker (Men's Clothing and Furnishings).  They are having an end of season sale and carry a ton of Ralph Lauren at 40% off.  There are limited sizes (9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, etc...) in Marlow Wingtips, PTBs, Tassel Loafers, and the Penny Loafer.  However, the discount brings each of these to about $510.  If interested, you should look them up and call them. I couldn't find my size in these shell models, but I purchased their last pair of Indies (403)... was given "an offer I couldn't refuse!"  Ask for Ken.  He's a big shoe enthusiast.

 

Unfortunately Alden is not included in the sale.

 

One last thing they will be closed Friday through Monday this week.  The sale will still be on next week.

 

Hope this helps someone find a nice pair of shells even if they are not Alden.  Good day my friends...


Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 7/17/13 at 3:17pm

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #55262 of 79232
Hmmm...I may have to give Ken a call to see if there's a Marlow wingtip in my size. I highly recommend picking something up from him, and definitely take a trip there if you're in the area. I bought my first pair of shell from him when I used to live in Baltimore. smile.gif
post #55263 of 79232

Ken was a pleasure to talk to and very helpful.  He knows Alden and C&J for RL shoes intimately well.

post #55264 of 79232

I wasn't even in the market for an Indy, but I couldn't refuse the price.  I suspect I will wear this more than anything else I own between November and February. (pardon the poor camera pic)

post #55265 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I wasn't even in the market for an Indy, but I couldn't refuse the price.  I suspect I will wear this more than anything else I own between November and February. (pardon the poor camera pic)

Congrats man! those are one of my top 5 Aldens of all time. I sport mine from october-april. Awesome boot.
post #55266 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

what size? I have alpine grain in 11.5d from LS and brown CXL wingtip in plaza sz12d from LS, might be induced to sell either, as neither get much wear at all
9.5 or 10 in Barrie or 10/10.5 in plaza
post #55267 of 79232
Yes, the Alt Wein is gorgeous. That is definitely one that I am kicking myself for not ordering when my size was in stock.
post #55268 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg458 View Post


9.5 or 10 in Barrie or 10/10.5 in plaza

shame

 

happy hunting!

post #55269 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post

Having amass a rainbow of color in shell cordovan I have come to realize color #8 is my favorite.  It radiates in the sun and is subdued in the evening.  It's just gorgeous.   

#8 is the king
post #55270 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post

fc41d050ee9611e296ed22000aaa0a30_7.jpg
Color #8 is King..smack.gif

needs some mac luv
post #55271 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Good afternoon gents...

PSA: I'm in Baltimore and just visited Samuel Parker (Men's Clothing and Furnishings).  They are having an end of season sale and carry a ton of Ralph Lauren at 40% off.  There are limited sizes (9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12, etc...) in Marlow Wingtips, PTBs, Tassel Loafers, and the Penny Loafer.  However, the discount brings each of these to about $510.  If interested, you should look them up and call them. I couldn't find my size in these shell models, but I purchased their last pair of Indies (403)... was given "an offer I couldn't refuse!"  Ask for Ken.  He's a big shoe enthusiast.

Unfortunately Alden is not included in the sale.

One last thing they will be closed Friday through Monday this week.  The sale will still be on next week.

Hope this helps someone find a nice pair of shells even if they are not Alden.  Good day my friends...

nephew,
thank you for the input
post #55272 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I wasn't even in the market for an Indy, but I couldn't refuse the price.  I suspect I will wear this more than anything else I own between November and February. (pardon the poor camera pic)


nephew,
wear in good health
post #55273 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I wasn't even in the market for an Indy, but I couldn't refuse the price.  I suspect I will wear this more than anything else I own between November and February. (pardon the poor camera pic)

 


nephew,
wear in good health

Uncle, thank you.

post #55274 of 79232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Sounds like 10D to me; 9.5F UK usually converts to 10.5D.  Indies usually size 1/2 down from there.  Not sure you can find them with the commando sole right now but someone else here may know.

Happy hunting my friend and welcome aboard the Alden addiction train (there's no turning back)... icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I recommend true to size 10.5, especially considering NB sizing.
post #55275 of 79232
I've got a PTB #8 for sale if anyone's interested. I consider this more of PSA than spam but If there's outrage that I've mentioned this here I'm happy to delete. it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***