or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3672

post #55066 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Ok guys I realized a pic is worth a thousand words . It helps if you dampen the base of the tongue throughly the first wearing but not necessary.I use it for@ 20 wearings . Anybody wants one Ill send it to you on a first come basis


 

That is elegantly simple. Ingenius. If you have additional to provide, I will take you up on that. I will send you pm.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #55067 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Beautiful pennies and argyles Uncle.

nephew,
thank you
post #55068 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Double cuff works well with beefy casual boots.

Agreed. Thanks again for the LS Jumpers. Just waiting for sub 90° temp and sub 100% humidity to start wearing them again.

Tellason 16.5oz Ankara.



Edited by patrick_b - 7/13/13 at 10:09pm
post #55069 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

And then action shot of ravello LWBs en route to dinner with the wifey.

 

Love the Ravello LWBs!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


Agreed. Thanks again for the LS Jumpers. Just waiting for sub 90° temp and sub 100% humidity to start wearing them again.

Tellason 16.5oz Ankara.

 

My pleasure, sir!  Looking forward to seeing more photos when the weather changes.

post #55070 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuy View Post



As promised, natty cxl tassels from BB. Procured during most recent sale. Loving them. Paired with j crew bowery oxford cloth. Loving these pants too. Other than my Alden's, favorite recentclothing purchase


I am not a fan of tassels but I think I can see myself wearing these.  Nice catch Mr. Guy!

post #55071 of 91296
When buying boots such as the naval boot by leffot, have forum members found the need to go with their usual barrie size or did you find the need to go a half size up from barrie. Request Naval boot owners sharing their experience on sizing. Thank you.
post #55072 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

When buying boots such as the naval boot by leffot, have forum members found the need to go with their usual barrie size or did you find the need to go a half size up from barrie. Request Naval boot owners sharing their experience on sizing. Thank you.
I exchanged my Naval boots that were ordered in my barrie size for a pair in my tts which is a half size up from my barrie(LWB) size. I've read on this thread that some people do and some people don't have to go tts. It's a matter of personal preference and which boot size works better for you.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 7/14/13 at 2:26am
post #55073 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

When buying boots such as the naval boot by leffot, have forum members found the need to go with their usual barrie size or did you find the need to go a half size up from barrie. Request Naval boot owners sharing their experience on sizing. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I exchanged my Naval boots that were ordered in my barrie size for a pair in my tts which is a half size up from my barrie(LWB) size. I've read on this thread that some people do and some people don't have to go tts. It's a matter of personal preference and which boot size works better for you.

Well said. It seems that a small number/percentage of folks need to size up to TTS for Barrie *boots*, but its very rare to hear the need to go TTS with Barrie *shoes*.

I always wear a half size down from my measured/brannock size in Barrie shoes (PTB, LWB). However like you, I sized up to TTS for my Barrie lasted jcrew PCT boots.

The lesson here is that the only foolproof sizing advice is to try them on.
post #55074 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I exchanged my Naval boots that were ordered in my barrie size for a pair in my tts which is a half size up from my barrie(LWB) size. I've read on this thread that some people do and some people don't have to go tts. It's a matter of personal preference and which boot size works better for you.
Thank you very much
post #55075 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


Well said. It seems that a small number/percentage of folks need to size up to TTS for Barrie *boots*, but its very rare to hear the need to go TTS with Barrie *shoes*.

I always wear a half size down from my measured/brannock size in Barrie shoes (PTB, LWB). However like you, I sized up to TTS for my Barrie lasted jcrew PCT boots.

The lesson here is that the only foolproof sizing advice is to try them on.

Thank you very much
post #55076 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post





The lesson here is that the only foolproof sizing advice is to try them on.
Indubitably!
post #55077 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Use paste wax only when necessary (to cover up a scuff or add color to a faded pair)

Is that what "only necessary" means? I always thought it was for when your shoes looked dull. For instance, you would do it once a year to bring the shine up.
post #55078 of 91296
I was in the Bay Area for a long weekend and visited the SF store for the first time. As expected, absolutely no exotic shell and Robert (nice guy) said that none is expected for at least the rest of this year. I needed another pair of boots for the rest of the summer so ended up buying the unlined flex welt snuff chukka.

Wore them the next day and was at a Starbucks waiting for my espresso when this cutie got her coffee and walked by saying "wow, nice shoes!". Other than some friends, strangers never comment on my shoes (except for my nat CXL Indy's once). Made my day!
post #55079 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Try not to overcomplicate the procedure.  It really is as a simple as:

Wipe down with damp cloth
Brush rigorously with horsehair brush
Buff with cloth

Use paste wax only when necessary (to cover up a scuff or add color to a faded pair)

A lot of people add unnecessary steps.  Uncle Mac has great looking shoes that he has owned for years/decades that have never seen wax/polish/product.

Definitely good advice. The only variation I added was to clean with a little Lexol before starting. From that point it was just water and brushing. Pretty amazing to think (for a novice like me) that we can somehow make shoes that can be shined and cared for with no polish. Here's the results so far....



The lighting really doesn't do them justice as they really have a nice shine to them. All with not one bit of polish. I will continue this method and even try the dear bone once it arrives, but I am truly blown away with this less is more concept. I can certainly see why people pay a premium for shell. Again, thanks.
post #55080 of 91296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

Definitely good advice. The only variation I added was to clean with a little Lexol before starting. From that point it was just water and brushing. Pretty amazing to think (for a novice like me) that we can somehow make shoes that can be shined and cared for with no polish. Here's the results so far....



The lighting really doesn't do them justice as they really have a nice shine to them. All with not one bit of polish. I will continue this method and even try the dear bone once it arrives, but I am truly blown away with this less is more concept. I can certainly see why people pay a premium for shell. Again, thanks.

Nice! An close up outdoor pic with natural sun would be great if you have a chance. Loos like a great shine you have.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***