or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3665

post #54961 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

5 shades of shell
inspired by the new ravello lhs, these are a new brown hue for me.





cigar, #4, ravello, ravello, whiskey

This is an amazing collection (and picture). If only I had started down this path a little earlier in life. BTW, what's a #4? Never heard that one.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #54962 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

V-tips look nice. They are relatively unusual model to find. I wonder if these are on be modified last. That would be unusual in itself.

Enjoy your Aldens and let us know how they are wearing for you.

They are, and are available at Moulded Shoe.
post #54963 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
I like your tassels

Thank you!
post #54964 of 79343
With Alden, "whiskey" is one the colors of its cordovan leather - horse ass - shoes. A durable, great-looking, easy-to-maintain leather. "Burnished tan" is one of the colors used for Alden calf leather -cowhide- shoes.
post #54965 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
thanks for the kind words kwhitelaw. I was on pre-order lists with leffot for a looooong time.
thanks be, the #4 sw are a couple of years old from leffot. that horween belt is sweeeeet. I'm surprised how much I like the blue laces on the whiskey ptbs
thank you, I agree, the ptb really does show the ravello very well.

The ravello LHS is quite nice too, and looks less red than the PTB. I go back and forth between wanting a whiskey or ravello LHS.
post #54966 of 79343
Channeling my inner MrDV this morning...

J Crew Snuff suede / #8 saddle shoe


post #54967 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

This is an amazing collection (and picture). If only I had started down this path a little earlier in life. BTW, what's a #4? Never heard that one.

http://corvuswatch.blogspot.com/2012/05/color-guide-to-horween-shell-cordovan.html

Not sure how legit the page is, but it provides what seems to be accurate bio's of the shell colors.

Anyway to answer your question, #4 has half the amount of dye that #8 has, and is therefore a lighter color.
post #54968 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbone View Post

http://corvuswatch.blogspot.com/2012/05/color-guide-to-horween-shell-cordovan.html

Not sure how legit the page is, but it provides what seems to be accurate bio's of the shell colors.

Anyway to answer your question, #4 has half the amount of dye that #8 has, and is therefore a lighter color.

What the hell is that object in the picture under the Whiskey description? Looks very phallic...

And the site also says that navy is so rare, most people have ever seen it or know of it's existence. Maybe this is an old post? Navy seems to be pretty abundant lately from other shoemakers.
post #54969 of 79343

not the place to post that kind of project. hopefully the mods will remove

post #54970 of 79343

sometimes ravello appears very red, almost ruby, and on other shoes, it appears very tan, almost like cognac/whiskey, is that just a difference from batch to batch, or does it start out as tan and over time darkens to red? just a bit confused, because I like the red version, but not the light tan version.

post #54971 of 79343
Bureau still has a few things on sale...not sure about duties and VAT reduction. Has anyone ordered something from them before? How did it workout? I tried pricing something last night but VAT never came out of the final price.

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/brand/1/alden-for-the-bureau-belfast
post #54972 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

sometimes ravello appears very red, almost ruby, and on other shoes, it appears very tan, almost like cognac/whiskey, is that just a difference from batch to batch, or does it start out as tan and over time darkens to red? just a bit confused, because I like the red version, but not the light tan version.

It varies batch to batch... In my experience ravello is the rare color that varies the most. I've seen very red pairs, medium brown with reddidsh tints (my favorite), "dark whiskey" pairs and pairs that look more orange than anything else
post #54973 of 79343
This seems like a good starting price and decent BIN, but not too great of an eBay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111117392498&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160
post #54974 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2gt View Post

Bureau still has a few things on sale...not sure about duties and VAT reduction. Has anyone ordered something from them before? How did it workout? I tried pricing something last night but VAT never came out of the final price.

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/brand/1/alden-for-the-bureau-belfast

Dammit. There's a couple of things I'd love to get but they're a size too small. Great prices.
post #54975 of 79343
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


MrDV. These sorts of pictures inspire all kinds of envy. Good job. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gracias argentino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 View Post


such a rad picture!

thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


As always DV, great shots. Best collection on this thread IMO

thanks blue. shog[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


This is an amazing collection (and picture). If only I had started down this path a little earlier in life. BTW, what's a #4? Never heard that one.

thank you shawnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post


The ravello LHS is quite nice too, and looks less red than the PTB. I go back and forth between wanting a whiskey or ravello LHS.

the ravello colors are all over the place. I prefer the red ravello, but im glad I have different shades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Channeling my inner MrDV this morning...

J Crew Snuff suede / #8 saddle shoe


 

great great saddles sir. well done

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***