or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3660

post #54886 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post

Uncle Mac how many times have the revello ptb been worn and how old are they?

They look fresh out of the factory.

nephew,
the shoes are several years old and are sparing worn

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #54887 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

ravello ptb
argyles otc

 

Awesome color on your Ravello PTB Uncle Mac. Are these a C width? They look sleeker than usual or may be just the photography.

post #54888 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

Awesome color on your Ravello PTB Uncle Mac. Are these a C width? They look sleeker than usual or may be just the photography.

nephew,
thank you
d width
post #54889 of 79654
Last night I channeled my inner Mac and did some work on my whiskey PTBs. Not as stellar as Mac's Ravello but I'm pretty happy with the results:


post #54890 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Last night I channeled my inner Mac and did some work on my whiskey PTBs. Not as stellar as Mac's Ravello but I'm pretty happy with the results:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

[IMG A
LT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/881522/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

nephew,
good looking whiskey with good shine
post #54891 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Motion GRANTED.

 

Really? The evidence presented was, by its own account, the purported habits of a very limited segment of the population . . . 40 to 50 years ago? And one wonders whether their footwear of half a century ago matters any more than what the local burghurs in Kansas City wore in 1966. So the 80-90 year old set dictates style standards. Game, set, match to them! All that said, as others have already expressed, I am simply amazed at the shine on those PTBs of Macs. Excellent and beautiful.
post #54892 of 79654

I was leaning toward the #8 SW with commamdo, but all these pictures of PTBs have me thinking I should consider a pair, while #8 would be nice leaning towards Ravello or Whiskey.

post #54893 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I remember someone posting a long time ago about power brushing their shoes with a drill, and they made some custom drill bit with a horsehair attachment.

Seems you can buy a Dremel attachment... Might be worth it if you have a lot of shoes to shine smile.gif
post #54894 of 79654
I have worn tassels since my early 20's
Classic style that never gets old
post #54895 of 79654
null_zps6f955f1f.jpg
null_zps9eccafe8.jpg
post #54896 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Really? The evidence presented was, by its own account, the purported habits of a very limited segment of the population . . . 40 to 50 years ago? And one wonders whether their footwear of half a century ago matters any more than what the local burghurs in Kansas City wore in 1966. So the 80-90 year old set dictates style standards. Game, set, match to them!All that said, as others have already expressed, I am simply amazed at the shine on those PTBs of Macs. Excellent and beautiful.

I'm with this guy. The 60's and 70's should not be a benchmark for formal Men's style. And who wants to dress like a lawyer, anyway? (Sorry JDs).
post #54897 of 79654

Nice look Don, some argyles would really kick it up a notch.

post #54898 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Motion 12(b)(6) on all other arguments. Thanks, Uncle Mac.

Motion GRANTED.


Puntastic, my friend!! rotflmao.gif

post #54899 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2gt View Post

In a couple days...I'll post my regular guy ravello ptb and maybe some folks can give me a tip or two how to get them like Mac. Can't possibly be just the Mac method. JT

OK...here's my best Mac imitation with my ravello ptb. Just can't quite get that amazing Mac shine, but pretty good nonetheless. JT

post #54900 of 79654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2gt View Post

OK...here's my best Mac imitation with my ravello ptb. Just can't quite get that amazing Mac shine, but pretty good nonetheless. JT

Are you kidding me?? Uncle would be proud... excellent shine on your PTBs my friend!  The only difference I see is maybe the picture quality and the lighting.  Wear your PTBs in great health...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***