or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3633

post #54481 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

#8 lhs

Beautiful shine on your #8 lhs Uncle. I especially like the edge trim.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #54482 of 92315
How does shell hold up in heat? I have a couple pairs of boots I'd like to store in a closet for a couple months this summer, but the room is sometimes without air conditioning, so it might get up to 85 degrees in there on hot afternoons. Is there a temperature range that is recommended for shell?
post #54483 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Looks as if Haberdash in Chicago is having a 30% off flash sale today on all shoes, including Aldens. They only have a few basics, but that includes Indys and suede chukkas. Seems as if it's for stock items only though. Code is JULY4FLASH

 

The email says that Alden is excluded.  If they aren't they have a decent amount of D width shoes in stock.  

 

*just looked at the site... I guess they have more stuff in the store than online.

post #54484 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Beautiful shine on your #8 lhs Uncle. I especially like the edge trim.

nephew,
thank you
post #54485 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

How does shell hold up in heat? I have a couple pairs of boots I'd like to store in a closet for a couple months this summer, but the room is sometimes without air conditioning, so it might get up to 85 degrees in there on hot afternoons. Is there a temperature range that is recommended for shell?

based on my experience, you would be ok
post #54486 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

The email says that Alden is excluded.  If they aren't they have a decent amount of D width shoes in stock.  

*just looked at the site... I guess they have more stuff in the store than online.

Didn't see the email. Did try adding alden to my cart and it showed the discount. Didn't complete payment though.
post #54487 of 92315

Haberdash is annoying because they don't list widths. On a prior order I assumed the Aldens would be D width since no width was listed. Turns out they sent me an E, that also had defects. It also took them a long time (about a week) after receiving the return to process a refund. 

 

I also see that you can proceed all the way through the checkout process with the discount applied, although I too did not click on 'submit'. Even if you could submit the order, they may just cancel it since their ad wording does states 'excludes all Aldens'. 

post #54488 of 92315
Wanted -- Wingtip boots in Size 8 Barrie or equivalent size in other last. Looking for some wingtip boots. Anyone have a pair not getting any wear. PM me if you are thinking of selling. Thanks...JT
post #54489 of 92315

If a man were to want a pair of Cigar LWB's, what should his strategy be? Just patience? 

post #54490 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiglarsen View Post

If a man were to want a pair of Cigar LWB's, what should his strategy be? Just patience? 

Alden of Carmel may have your size
post #54491 of 92315
Attention Nephews, Uncles, and red-headed stepchildren: Just picked up my new Alden Daytripper Ravello Captoe's from the cobbler. Topy'd and ready to wear (in good health of course)! Pics:



Edited by bl@ster - 7/5/13 at 1:54am
post #54492 of 92315
^^^ beautiful!^^^
post #54493 of 92315

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Alden arrivals at Unipair.

post #54494 of 92315
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiglarsen View Post

If a man were to want a pair of Cigar LWB's, what should his strategy be? Just patience? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Alden of Carmel may have your size

 

or frans boone

post #54495 of 92315

Several styles on sale today at Leffot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***