Originally Posted by aldenwear
Stop whining. Some of us could not plaza because a certain retailer did not order "e" sizes.
enjoy and enjoy the goldfish and lwb's I am sure you will find a way to swing.
I tried to stop, but must have been infected with the whining bug by my 6-year-old :) Bryan from LeatherSoul told me that the Plaza gives enough width if you're on the border between D and E widths, as I am. (I can comfortably wear an 8.5D or an 8E; The leffot naval boot was an 8.5E and wears exactly like my 9D grant captoe boot).
Originally Posted by sazon
^Doc : great looking additions ! Welcome to the Alden Out of Control Club.
The Plaza is gonna be bad for you...you're gonna want a few more pairs immediately.
Glad to represent the Alden Out of Control Club and appreciate hearing I'm not alone.
Originally Posted by DuckOB
rydenfan - that is a nice looking boot, thanks for sharing. I like the dark rough leather. I have been catching up on my Alden leathers as I have been researching the different styles lasts and leathers in anticipation of my first purchase and hadn't seen a rough dark leather like that. docalden2013 - beautiful shoes and laces - god help me if I catch the Shell bug, wear in good health
It's fun mixing up the laces from time to time. I have to thank BeSpiffington for getting me back into that style. My rubber sole, square-toe-wearing friends don't get it.
Originally Posted by mcarthur
wear in good health the cap toe boot and ptb
Thank you, Uncle!
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
1) Always remember that there is a healthy resale market for Alden shoes, so as your tastes evolve, you can sell shoes to fund future purposes
2) Amazing how purple those laces look in some photos
3) I have struggled with PTBs (owning both a ravello and cigar pair an selling them due to lack of use), but yours look great. I think it is timing, if I had bought cigar PTBs before buying captoe boots an chukkas, the PTBs would have stayed in the rotation
4) I need a black boot. Debating about whether to preorder the Context tankers, wait for the next Naval boot preorder or to go for something like a wingtip boot
1. My fellow Alden-heads always remind me of this. I haven't done this yet, although it occurs to me regularly that certain pairs barely see the light of day (e.g., Indy Boots). Do you find it easy to sell on the forum? I always worry about being a new seller and having no credibility and also worry about getting scammed. Still a newb after all these months...
2. Thank you. I wish going purple on black shell was my original idea. As Nietzsche noted, all of the good ideas have been thought of already.
3. I've struggled with the PTB issue. Heretofore, I had thought that shoes needed to have some ornamentation. Now, I see how useful the ptb is, especially if I'm wearing a busy-ish outfit, such as one that includes a colorful madras shirt.
4. You may want to check out AofC's selection. IIRC, there were some black shell boots on sale as overstocks...
5. I've been meaning to ask: what type of oysters are those in your avatar?