or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3627

post #54391 of 87994
All: there's a curious whiskey LWB up on eBay in my size. The upper looks great; the post says they've been worn once; but the insole and sole say Alden Restoration. I'm a little curious.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #54392 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

All: there's a curious whiskey LWB up on eBay in my size. The upper looks great; the post says they've been worn once; but the insole and sole say Alden Restoration. I'm a little curious.

 

Beware.  They are trying to pawn off a restored shoe on someone who doesn't know what they are looking at.  

post #54393 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Beware.  They are trying to pawn off a restored shoe on someone who doesn't know what they are looking at.  

Thanks for the input. That just seems so contrary to the "only worn one time" assertion, but is the only explanation that makes sense with the sole and insole.
post #54394 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post


Thanks for the input. That just seems so contrary to the "only worn one time" assertion, but is the only explanation that makes sense with the sole and insole.

 

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose there is a chance that they meant "only worn one time after restoration" and just forgot to include that important piece of information.  Who knows.  

post #54395 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose there is a chance that they meant "only worn one time after restoration" and just forgot to include that important piece of information.  Who knows.  

Yup. Technically, in some sense, that could be true. But if that's the case it's certainly misleading.

As an edit, I just searched for the shoes but could not find them.
post #54396 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Thanks zippy, should of thought of that... That pair jumped to $550 by march '03. What an incredible makeup though. Its remarkable how many styles Alden has produced over the years. I would say that even in the past 10 years, the selection has shifted more to barrie, ptb, chukka, lwb

Like these beauts.


Are the blue shoes available this season? Ive tried to find them in tan before I purchased my indys, but could not find them.
post #54397 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


Like these beauts.

 

 

This one looks really hokey, sorta like Allen Edmonds or something. drool.gif

post #54398 of 87994

I remember when these were available and I recall not ordering because I was not a saddle shoe guy - reminded of unpleasant memories of childhood when, for a few years, I had to wear either saddle shoes due to orthotic needs.  Age has dulled the resonance, my taste has evolved to greatly liking NST's, and I now greatly wish I had gotten these and a host of the other make-ups AOC offered.  I got a number, but not as many as I would like now.  Live and learn and change.  Quote:

post #54399 of 87994

I always found these to be a very curious turn in the market -- at least, that is what I assumed it to be.  Not for me then, or now.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


Like these beauts.

post #54400 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


Like these beauts.

 

Hopefully this is the last bicycle toed shoe that Alden ever makes. Good riddance to this style!

post #54401 of 87994
Idk bowling season is around the corner.
post #54402 of 87994


Sporting Cigar Captoe Balmorals and argyles.
post #54403 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Idk bowling season is around the corner.

Those shoes are suitable for bowel-ing season, if any at all. I'm glad they are gone.

post #54404 of 87994

Gents I have a question regarding fit on lasts.

 

I measure 8E (larger foot; smaller foot was a 7E plain.gif) on a Brannock, and seemed to be an 8E on TruBalance (tried on Indy's). However, the boot felt a little tight on my right instep. I have a two-part question:

 

Does the Barrie fit pretty similarly to the TruBalance? And if I size up to a 8.5E Barrie will I be okay for both feet/my right instep?

post #54405 of 87994
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post


Are the blue shoes available this season? Ive tried to find them in tan before I purchased my indys, but could not find them.

AFAIK, neither of those make-ups have been produced for probably about a decade.  The blue ones are sometimes called "monkey shoes".

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***