on top of that.. tell me where i can find both in 11.5d
I tried to stop, but must have been infected with the whining bug by my 6-year-old :) Bryan from LeatherSoul told me that the Plaza gives enough width if you're on the border between D and E widths, as I am. (I can comfortably wear an 8.5D or an 8E; The leffot naval boot was an 8.5E and wears exactly like my 9D grant captoe boot).
Glad to represent the Alden Out of Control Club and appreciate hearing I'm not alone.
It's fun mixing up the laces from time to time. I have to thank BeSpiffington for getting me back into that style. My rubber sole, square-toe-wearing friends don't get it.
Thank you, Uncle!
1. My fellow Alden-heads always remind me of this. I haven't done this yet, although it occurs to me regularly that certain pairs barely see the light of day (e.g., Indy Boots). Do you find it easy to sell on the forum? I always worry about being a new seller and having no credibility and also worry about getting scammed. Still a newb after all these months...
2. Thank you. I wish going purple on black shell was my original idea. As Nietzsche noted, all of the good ideas have been thought of already.
3. I've struggled with the PTB issue. Heretofore, I had thought that shoes needed to have some ornamentation. Now, I see how useful the ptb is, especially if I'm wearing a busy-ish outfit, such as one that includes a colorful madras shirt.
4. You may want to check out AofC's selection. IIRC, there were some black shell boots on sale as overstocks...
5. I've been meaning to ask: what type of oysters are those in your avatar?
Gents I have a question regarding fit on lasts.
I measure 8E (larger foot; smaller foot was a 7E ) on a Brannock, and seemed to be an 8E on TruBalance (tried on Indy's). However, the boot felt a little tight on my right instep. I have a two-part question:
Does the Barrie fit pretty similarly to the TruBalance? And if I size up to a 8.5E Barrie will I be okay for both feet/my right instep?
Anybody? These posts get drowned by pics. I thought this was the Alden thread.
That's odd! I could have sworn you were a native New Yorker. Your accent sounds sounds so authentic.