Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Today at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3624
Styleforum Top Picks
Don't know if this has been posted here before or not, but this page has a great slideshow that illustrates many of the Alden of Carmel custom make-ups over the years.
Click through the slide show for vintage Alden bliss.
this is fantastic! thanks for posting. i wish the included retail price for extra wow effect
From Oct 2000. Whiskey and Mahogany saddles for $455.
Thank you for your reply
I sent an email to them but atomically reply they are closed for annual vacation
This is Alden DC website,am I correct ?
Thanks zippy, should of thought of that... That pair jumped to $550 by march '03. What an incredible makeup though. Its remarkable how many styles Alden has produced over the years. I would say that even in the past 10 years, the selection has shifted more to barrie, ptb, chukka, lwb
Like these beauts.
Beware. They are trying to pawn off a restored shoe on someone who doesn't know what they are looking at.
Thanks for the input. That just seems so contrary to the "only worn one time" assertion, but is the only explanation that makes sense with the sole and insole.
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose there is a chance that they meant "only worn one time after restoration" and just forgot to include that important piece of information. Who knows.
Yup. Technically, in some sense, that could be true. But if that's the case it's certainly misleading.
As an edit, I just searched for the shoes but could not find them.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 20 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 37 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 41 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 44 minutes ago
- › The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread 44 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth