or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3624

post #54346 of 87457

Recommended Alden (and allen-Edmonds) Shoe Tree Size for the following:

 

Barrie Last 8D

 

Van Last 8D

 

Thank you in advance!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #54347 of 87457
whiskey lhs


Edited by mcarthur - 6/29/13 at 7:27pm
post #54348 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

whiskey lhs

Looking exceptionally summery Uncle.
post #54349 of 87457
Hi Everyone: First time poster in this thread. I bought my first Aldens today from TSM off their irregular sale model FD-11201 - the Boondocker replica looking shoe size 9. A few weeks ago some others in the thread commented on the Boondocker/Safari looking model listed in the Irregular sale and got me looking. I tried on a Indy , Trubalance last I believe, yesterday and the 8.5 was probably the best size for me but the 9 felt pretty good as well. Hopefully the Modified last size 9 will work. Did anyone else buy this model? Curious as to what the defects they found on theirs. http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/detail/ALD/FD-11201.jpg I'll post some pics if I keep them. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. All the best DuckOB
post #54350 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

Hi Everyone: First time poster in this thread. I bought my first Aldens today from TSM off their irregular sale model FD-11201 - the Boondocker replica looking shoe size 9. A few weeks ago some others in the thread commented on the Boondocker/Safari looking model listed in the Irregular sale and got me looking. I tried on a Indy , Trubalance last I believe, yesterday and the 8.5 was probably the best size for me but the 9 felt pretty good as well. Hopefully the Modified last size 9 will work. Did anyone else buy this model? Curious as to what the defects they found on theirs. http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/detail/ALD/FD-11201.jpg I'll post some pics if I keep them. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. All the best DuckOB

Welcome to the thread.
post #54351 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Couple of vids I found recently.

 

These look like CXL PTBs on flex welt:

 

 

 

 

 

Who the heck does this with shell?

 

 

 

Speaking as an Alden/shell fetishist here, most of these videos are beyond creepy. The series where the guy takes new shells out of the box in a hotel room and SLOWLY talks about them. It's repulsive, guys, truly. Who does that benefit? Dyslexic Alden fans?

post #54352 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Looking exceptionally summery Uncle.

nephew
thank you
post #54353 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

Hi Everyone: First time poster in this thread. I bought my first Aldens today from TSM off their irregular sale model FD-11201 - the Boondocker replica looking shoe size 9. A few weeks ago some others in the thread commented on the Boondocker/Safari looking model listed in the Irregular sale and got me looking. I tried on a Indy , Trubalance last I believe, yesterday and the 8.5 was probably the best size for me but the 9 felt pretty good as well. Hopefully the Modified last size 9 will work. Did anyone else buy this model? Curious as to what the defects they found on theirs. http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/detail/ALD/FD-11201.jpg I'll post some pics if I keep them. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. All the best DuckOB

welcome to the forum
post #54354 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Vid #1: Dude lacing the ptb NEEDS to cut those nails ffffuuuu.gif

Vid#2: Is very odd, I think it's the same guy who was rubbing is PTBs and his johnson whilst sitting cross legged on the floor nod[1].gif

If you made the mistake of reading the comments in that 2nd video, you will quickly realize that the video is just as creepy as the dude rubbing one out to/with his shoes. Even creepier is the individual who seeks out this genre of video and feels the need to share.
post #54355 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

Hi Everyone: First time poster in this thread. I bought my first Aldens today from TSM off their irregular sale model FD-11201 - the Boondocker replica looking shoe size 9. A few weeks ago some others in the thread commented on the Boondocker/Safari looking model listed in the Irregular sale and got me looking. I tried on a Indy , Trubalance last I believe, yesterday and the 8.5 was probably the best size for me but the 9 felt pretty good as well. Hopefully the Modified last size 9 will work. Did anyone else buy this model? Curious as to what the defects they found on theirs. http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_assets/detail/ALD/FD-11201.jpg I'll post some pics if I keep them. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. All the best DuckOB

 

Welcome to the forum. I purchased the same boot from the irregular list, only in snuff suede. Had to get TTS but it fits reasonably well with an insole.

 

I'm also on the fence as to whether or not I'll keep them. I love almost everything about the boots, but as hard as I try I can't seem to warm up to the modified last. It just seems too tapered at the arch for a Boondocker style boot.

 

The defect is so minor that it would kill me to return them at nearly half price, but I don't want to spend money on a boot I don't love. I'm going to sit with them a bit longer to try to open up to the last. Here's a photo of the defect, which is not visible when they are on.

 

 

 

And a few more of the boot. Accurate color in all but the last picture.

More pictures (Click to show)

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

post #54356 of 87457
I love how that boot looks in your pictures
post #54357 of 87457
If that boot was available in 10 or 10.5 I would be all over it. Perfect boot imo
post #54358 of 87457
How can I remove the black stains in the folds on #8 ptb?

I've tried Excessive brushing with horse hair brush and rubbing with Reno. They didn't work.

post #54359 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post

How can I remove the black stains in the folds on #8 ptb?

I've tried Excessive brushing with horse hair brush and rubbing with Reno. They didn't work.
 

Did they come like that? or is it something that develop or was caused accidentally since you've been wearing them?  Does it have a texture? or is it beneath the finish?

 

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but if all else fails, maybe you can hide it with paste wax?

 

 

Good Luck!

post #54360 of 87457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

Welcome to the forum. I purchased the same boot from the irregular list, only in snuff suede. Had to get TTS but it fits reasonably well with an insole.

I'm also on the fence as to whether or not I'll keep them. I love almost everything about the boots, but as hard as I try I can't seem to warm up to the modified last. It just seems too tapered at the arch for a Boondocker style boot.

The defect is so minor that it would kill me to return them at nearly half price, but I don't want to spend money on a boot I don't love. I'm going to sit with them a bit longer to try to open up to the last. Here's a photo of the defect, which is not visible when they are on.






And a few more of the boot. Accurate color in all but the last picture. More pictures (Click to show)

AppleMark






AppleMark











I would keep the boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***