recommendation-sell the shoes
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3599
Styleforum Top Picks
limited edition done by LS
I think the original thread starters were mainly looking at Alden for boots to wear with denim. Compared to Allen Edmonds, which is seen as a dress shoe company, more people do seem to wear Alden shoes casually. That said, a lot of people in this thread mainly wear Alden shoes with suits, chinos and wool pants, which would seem to be Men's Clothing.
That makes sense, thanks for responding.
I found some beat up aldens at a thrift shop tpday - does anyone know if the black "piping" (not sure of the correct term - the black material that goes around the top of the heel and runs over the eyelets and down to vamp) can be replaced. It's the same part of the shoe that cracks if you dont' use a shoehorn.
wonder if any of you can offer some sizing advice. What makes it difficult is international shipping & customs which makes returning not possible.
I am considering suede chukkas, and i have the option of Leydon or Barrie.
I have no experience of fitting a Leydon, only Barrie.
unlined shell PTB 8.5D is a *perfect* fit
lined shell LWB 8.5D is *ok*
lined calf All weather w/crepe is *ok* in 8E - the 8E is a better fit lengthwise than the 8.5D mentioned above but is a little looser in the heel, although not enough to initially cause any slippage.
My questions are :
If i went with a 8E Barrie in unlined suede chukka, would the chukka form provide more or less "heel grip" than the 8E calf w/crepe All weather Walker
.........- or would i be better off going for an 8.5D Barrie?
If i were to go for the Leydon, from the above info do you think a 9D or a 9E would be best? I *tend* not to require a wide fitting shoe, but in running shoes it is quite common for me to find many running brands (aspics, brooks) to be too narrow. Nike's (which have a tendency to be a litte wider) fit best, mostlysize 10 or occassioally 9.5 depending on the model.
thanks in advance
hoping it works for you but the odds are against you
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 35 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 19 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 20 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015