or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3556

post #53326 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
I like your gunboats

Thank you Uncle.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #53327 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Picked up my first pair of Argyle OTC's from CustomShirt1. Got the Marcoliani's in Merino in Peacock and Navy. Will get more after this dry run...

Will post a pic in my new Whiskey Gunboats when the socks arrive...

nephew,
good hunting, you will enjoy the comfort of the merino wool
post #53328 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Picked up my first pair of Argyle OTC's from CustomShirt1. Got the Marcoliani's in Merino in Peacock and Navy. Will get more after this dry run...

Will post a pic in my new Whiskey Gunboats when the socks arrive...

you're in trouble mdubs. the marcolianis are pretty great.

yet another way uncle mac has helped us spend our money.

post #53329 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 



Cigar LWBs. No ravello yet to contribute today...

nice cigar argentino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Howdy all! Another one of my recent pickups... Cigar Captoe Balmorals.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

nice pick up, those look very nice

post #53330 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Not to play the contrarian, but my shell LWBs are without a doubt more snug than my calf LWBs.  Can not speak for PTBs though.

It isn't contrarian - shell doesn't stretch. I have spoken to Paul G at AE, the Horweens and Kathy at Alden and they all say shell will likely, because of how it lasts, fit looser. I think in your case the calf is probably expanding more to meet your foot. At the end of the day, all that matters is that they fit. wink.gif
post #53331 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post


No doubt $425 is lot of bucks for a belt. One could also debate rareness of shell colors. However...I don't think the rareness of a single piece shell belt can be questioned. In addition...I'm waiting on a brown cordovan belt from AE. It's been 8 weeks. They apologized today for how long it's taken to get the belt. The reason. They say brown shell is getting hard to get.

Regardless...you are correct the price is really high!

See Ya,
Steve

i'm kind of glad they limited the belts to one per customer. that helped me spend a stupid amout of money on one belt and not 2 or 3.

I did order a belt today, not because it was a one piece, I just wanted a color 4 to match my aldens.

steve, i'd love to see what your brown shell belt ends up looking like. did you order a 30mm or 35mm wide? do you think it will be a cigar brown?

post #53332 of 91294
Quick question for you guys. What edge dressing is recommended for the snuff suede ptb's? I don't have the model number right now, but they're the stock model that everyone is selling now. I Bought this particular pair from
Epaulet last month. Thanks for the help!
post #53333 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniel View Post

Quick question for you guys. What edge dressing is recommended for the snuff suede ptb's? I don't have the model number right now, but they're the stock model that everyone is selling now. I Bought this particular pair from
Epaulet last month. Thanks for the help!

Allen Edmonds chili or walnut polish might work.
post #53334 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

i'm kind of glad they limited the belts to one per customer. that helped me spend a stupid amout of money on one belt and not 2 or 3.
I did order a belt today, not because it was a one piece, I just wanted a color 4 to match my aldens.
steve, i'd love to see what your brown shell belt ends up looking like. did you order a 30mm or 35mm wide? do you think it will be a cigar brown?
MrDV-the AE brown cordovan belt is the same brown they offer on a few shoe models. It's not a stock item, has to special order for $10 more. I ordered this belt before I scored the 2 Alden cigar belts. I think it will be close in color to cigar, but a little lighter. The width is the standard AE width of 1.25" which I think is the same as 30mm. FYI-Nick Horween says the dark cognac is very close to Cigar. I'm hoping the Horween belts are similar to Alden in quality/sturdiness. I have several Alden's in shell that cost me $250 each, IMHO the extra cost is worth it vs. the AE belts, which I also have. I think the AE is a great belt at $195. I prefer the 35mm for casual and 30mm for dress. My AE belt is supposed to ship late next week and I will post photos next to my Alden cigars.

See Ya,
Steve
post #53335 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiglarsen View Post

I picked up a pair. They fit me pretty huge for Barrie last. I don't know if it's because Chromexcel is so stretchy, or the oiled sole makes them feel less stiff, but I was surprised since everything else Barrie in that size fits me a touch tight out of the box. The outsole is also pretty big adding further to the length of the shoe. They are otherwise simple, nice shoes, well suited to summer wearing. 

Excellent, thank you. 9D Barrie in cordovan on double leather sole fits me well, so I will take extra care when trying these on. The oiled sole is much more flexible out of the box and may be the source of the differences you notice. This is so close to my unicorn shoe (basically same, but in ravello) I had to get them. Non-suede dover style PTBs are hard to find.
post #53336 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

It isn't contrarian - shell doesn't stretch. I have spoken to Paul G at AE, the Horweens and Kathy at Alden and they all say shell will likely, because of how it lasts, fit looser. I think in your case the calf is probably expanding more to meet your foot. At the end of the day, all that matters is that they fit. wink.gif

nephew,
based on my experience, I totally agree that shell does not stretch
post #53337 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by amftx View Post

Allen Edmonds chili or walnut polish might work.

Perfect. I have chili for my walnut strands and it seemed similar but I wasn't sure.
post #53338 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
based on my experience, I totally agree that shell does not stretch

Uncle, in the Barrie last do you take the same size in shoe and boot? I have seen some reports of people moving a width size bigger in Barrie boots compared to Bareue shoes. I am most curious about this.
post #53339 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

i'm kind of glad they limited the belts to one per customer. that helped me spend a stupid amout of money on one belt and not 2 or 3.
I did order a belt today, not because it was a one piece, I just wanted a color 4 to match my aldens.
steve, i'd love to see what your brown shell belt ends up looking like. did you order a 30mm or 35mm wide? do you think it will be a cigar brown?

nephew,
if you are looking at belts, consider the needlepoint belts from smathers & branson
post #53340 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Uncle, in the Barrie last do you take the same size in shoe and boot? I have seen some reports of people moving a width size bigger in Barrie boots compared to Bareue shoes. I am most curious about this.

nephew,
from my experience, I wear the same size on the barrie last for both shoes and boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***