or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3549

post #53221 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Yep, looks like commando sole and all eyelets, seems like a nice make-up. Mine are on the way. 

Anyone know if they are hand sewn?

4L_40568C.jpg
Can't wait to see pics MH. Maybe they'll inspire a new video. Do you know if anyone offers a shell Indy with a lug sole? That would IMO be the ultimate winter make-up since I live in snowy Minnesota.
post #53222 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Can't wait to see pics MH. Maybe they'll inspire a new video. Do you know if anyone offers a shell Indy with a lug sole? That would IMO be the ultimate winter make-up since I live in snowy Minnesota.

 

I'd go for the Kudu Indy, which does have a lug (Vibram) sole. 

 

Not shell, but really nice and virtually in-destructable uppers. I have them and will wear them for hiking and really in-climate weather:

 

4L_404.jpg

post #53223 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I'd go for the Kudu Indy, which does have a lug (Vibram) sole. 

Not shell, but really nice and virtually in-destructable uppers. I have them and will wear them for hiking and really in-climate weather:

4L_404.jpg
Thanks MH. I think I saw a posting here of a shell Indy with an after market lug sole, that's what gave me the idea.
post #53224 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Yep, looks like commando sole and all eyelets, seems like a nice make-up. Mine are on the way. 

Anyone know if they are hand sewn?

4L_40568C.jpg
Almost certain they are handsewn .There is story about this floating around in the cloud . Seems the pres or owner or somesuch of Alden saw a pair of machine sewn in a store window and hated them so much he vowed to hand sew all shell indys in the future
Meybe just my foot but my cigar indys are ealily the most comfortable shoes I own .Right outta the box
post #53225 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Thanks MH. I think I saw a posting here of a shell Indy with an after market lug sole, that's what gave me the idea.

 

SF User: Burton

 

post #53226 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

SF User: Burton


I really do enjoy winter. Glad to know the post was not wasted.
post #53227 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Thanks MH. I think I saw a posting here of a shell Indy with an after market lug sole, that's what gave me the idea.
Class!
post #53228 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post



Almost certain they are handsewn .There is story about this floating around in the cloud . Seems the pres or owner or somesuch of Alden saw a pair of machine sewn in a store window and hated them so much he vowed to hand sew all shell indys in the future
Meybe just my foot but my cigar indys are ealily the most comfortable shoes I own .Right outta the box

Thanks, found it:

 

"I asked Bob Clark, Vice President of Alden, about this while I was in the factory last month. I inquired whether or not this detail was dealer specified, functionally necessary, or just an aesthetic choice. He told me he saw a pair of cordovan Indies with machine stitching at a store and decided that it cheapened the shoe and no longer would Alden make an Indy in cordovan with the machine stitch."

 

from - http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/man-vs-machine/

post #53229 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Great looking wallet and agree, the quality is evident.

 

I have the "Little New York" front pocket wallet in #4 and sometimes think it is too big - especially in Rivet chino front pockets.

 

That thing is huge!

thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

whew, glad I didnt grab a fat herbie. that thing is ridiculous, in a good way, but way too large smile.gif

 

got a #4 johnny the fox the other day. love it. will be buying a couple more for gifts 

the johnny seems to be great value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
I appreciate your posting of your new wallet and matching cap toes
use the wallet in good health

thanks uncle mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post


Great looking wallet, I thought about getting that one as I like the layout, but I don't really like a large wallet. Thanks for posting.

thanks for the kind words.

 

in my case it came down to color preference. the ideal wallet for me would have been a ruby shell johnny the fox. I'm sure one will be released in a couple of months, that kind of thing happens to me every time I buy an iphone.

post #53230 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Ravello indy plaza....who do I have to bribe? Had to edit that one lol

Frans Boone has done the Indy in Ravello on the Plaza last. I would love to get them to do another run... Wonder if we could get enough interested parties here to make it happen... I think there is a MTO thread I cold pose the question on.
post #53231 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I'd go for the Kudu Indy, which does have a lug (Vibram) sole. 

Not shell, but really nice and virtually in-destructable uppers. I have them and will wear them for hiking and really in-climate weather:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
4L_404.jpg

Kudu indys are my poor weather go-to boots. They really repel water like nothing else and are indestructible.
post #53232 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post


Kudu indys are my poor weather go-to boots. They really repel water like nothing else and are indestructible.

 

I'm looking forward to being able to just hose them off after I get back from hiking on muddy trails. I would not feel comfortable doing that with shell, although one could do that with shell and just not care about what the water and vigorous cleaning does to the shell I guess. 

 

Kudu is basically care free. 

post #53233 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

What are y'alls thoughts on this boot:

Alden Men's Indy Boot High Top Blucher Workboot



Style #: 40513HC



Tobacco Chamois



 



I'm considering them.



 



See Ya,



Steve



its a nice boot, leather is very durable, can take a beating. i use my pair for hiking. actually hiked half dome in yosemite with them on my feet. comfortable and rugged
post #53234 of 94098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

someone here has a pair of ravello indys on plaza, from frans boone. i passed on a pair in my size and kick myself about it





CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

size 12? yeah me too
post #53235 of 94098

im not a big calf fan but even I would consider the burnished calkskin indy on the plaza last
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***