or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3447

post #51691 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsgillen View Post

I've got a sizing question... In general I wear a 10.5D in laceups and 10D in loafers.  The shell full strap in 10.5D was a bit too long so it had some heel slippage (used and already broken in) and space at the sides from flexing.  I tried on a 10D in calf at the store and it was tough to get into as it was new, but overall felt snug-pretty good.  I also have a pair of suede flex welt (Van last) pennies in 10D that fit very well.  Given the way these various shoes fit, what say you all about the potential fit of the Aberdeen last in 10E?  The main reason I ask is there is a pair of suede tassels on the bay I'd be interested in acquiring, but if the feeling is that 10D aberdeen would stretch to feel close to perfect then I will hold back.

The 10e will fit similar to the 10.5d. Also, the 10e will have a wider heel cup given Alden's combination sizing, and you will probably have noticeable heel slippage.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #51692 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Which model?

Two pairs -- brown CXL Indys and tan captoe boots on Hampton lasts.

post #51693 of 87382

Question: I have a pair of 405 Indys (cowhide) that are tight right at the base of the tongue. It has a canvas lining, unlike the newer models. Can I expect this area of the boot to stretch? It's a great fit aside from being a little too tight in that one spot.

post #51694 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The 10e will fit similar to the 10.5d. Also, the 10e will have a wider heel cup given Alden's combination sizing, and you will probably have noticeable heel slippage.

Thanks for the help. I'll stick to my regular sizing then!
post #51695 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by apo1 View Post


I would ask the 100yrs what is the exact  colour of thes laces in his snuff?

just the standard Alden brownish laces that came with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Love the Plaza last. Who offered that makeup?

as Herm said, these are a J. Gilbert makeup.
post #51696 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Alpine grain. Sitting around while wifey looks at purses.

You could be chasing 007 in Russia with that gear, awesome. 

post #51697 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organika View Post

You could be chasing 007 in Russia with that gear, awesome. 

 

For all we know  .  .  .  he is  .  .  .

post #51698 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

Gotten kind of quiet here, and I know asking for opinions usually gets lots of responses. I'm thinking of adding another pair of shell to my family and wonder what you all would recommend.

Here's the current brood:
2 NST: Burnished Brown, and Chocolate Suede
3 LHS: Whiskey, Snuff Suede, and a #8 I'm trying to sell.
2 Boots: Ravello Brixton, and a Snuff Suede Brixton on order from J. Gilbert.

What's next, I've thought of a Shell PTB, a Shell NST,  or a Shell LWB. Thoughts?

1. #8 LWB
2. Cigar LWB
3. #8 PTB
4. Cigar PTB
post #51699 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

I thought the JCrew captoe boots and the Lwb were on the same last, but clearly they are not. TheLwb are significantly roomier

They are. They are both on the Barrie last. However some have reported here that that particular boot runs a bit snug
post #51700 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

I thought the JCrew captoe boots and the Lwb were on the same last, but clearly they are not. TheLwb are significantly roomier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

They are. They are both on the Barrie last. However some have reported here that that particular boot runs a bit snug

rydenfan beat me to it. My brannock size is 11D and all my Barrie shoes & boots are a half size down with the exception of that jcrew boot which I had to go tts to 11D.
post #51701 of 87382
Does anyone stock the ranger moc in #8? I know Union Made has it but it has a crepe sole which I would prefer not to have.
post #51702 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

black fleece in the wild




Fantastic look all around here. May I ask what the jeans are?
post #51703 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

ravello sw boots



DV, love your compositions. Is it asking too much for more pics at different angles?
post #51704 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Does anyone stock the ranger moc in #8? I know Union Made has it but it has a crepe sole which I would prefer not to have.

 

Ranger Moc could be a sweet make-up.  I think the Unionmade version has that horizontal line of stitching across the side, which I don't like, but I've seen other versions that don't have it.

 

It would be cool unlined in cigar with blind eyelets.  I'm usually not a fan of the crepe, but might prefer it in such an application.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Question: I have a pair of 405 Indys (cowhide) that are tight right at the base of the tongue. It has a canvas lining, unlike the newer models. Can I expect this area of the boot to stretch? It's a great fit aside from being a little too tight in that one spot.

 

I can't speak from experience, but I don't see why it would not stretch at least a little.  Are you thinking that maybe the canvas lining will prevent it from doing so?

 

Also, would your foot's impression on the cork bed alleviate the tightness?  Or has an impression already been made in the cork?

post #51705 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Does anyone stock the ranger moc in #8? I know Union Made has it but it has a crepe sole which I would prefer not to have.

Alden NY had/has the ranger in #8

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***