or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3444

post #51646 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

that will be a great boot. trying something today as it's a relatively empty office on the friday before the long weekend. snuff suede wt (plaza) with black jeans. i kinda like it.



Love the Plaza last. Who offered that makeup?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #51647 of 90022
^^ jgilbert has those.
post #51648 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

See that just irks me. When the hell did these pop up on the J Crew website anyway? First time I saw them was yesterday and they only had an 8. When did you see the 12.5? I just heard back from J Crew and it wasn't good news angry.gif

I saw that in early March.
post #51649 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by derArzt View Post

Got new (and first but certainly not last) Alden boots and what better way to commemorate than to join styleforums! They don't photograph very well (at least with my phone camera) but I love them. Couldn't be happier

welcome to the forum
post #51650 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

welcome to the forum


Thanks uncle
post #51651 of 90022

Alden has some kind of agreement in place with their retailers.  Of course. I don't know what that is.  I presume that it includes minimum advertised pricing.  And it may include provisions for an annual inventory clearance or other limited promotional events.  It's all speculation on my part.  But it would be consistent with dealer contracts I've seen on other industries.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post



Interesting insight PhiPsi32. As calidist mentions, limited promos like sales are OK? I found (and posted a PSA) a store in Portland, ME this year selling the unlined suede chukka at 40% off. We've all see the end of season sales, clearly that doesn't violate the terms.
post #51652 of 90022
I thought the JCrew captoe boots and the Lwb were on the same last, but clearly they are not. TheLwb are significantly roomier
post #51653 of 90022

I've got a sizing question... In general I wear a 10.5D in laceups and 10D in loafers.  The shell full strap in 10.5D was a bit too long so it had some heel slippage (used and already broken in) and space at the sides from flexing.  I tried on a 10D in calf at the store and it was tough to get into as it was new, but overall felt snug-pretty good.  I also have a pair of suede flex welt (Van last) pennies in 10D that fit very well.  Given the way these various shoes fit, what say you all about the potential fit of the Aberdeen last in 10E?  The main reason I ask is there is a pair of suede tassels on the bay I'd be interested in acquiring, but if the feeling is that 10D aberdeen would stretch to feel close to perfect then I will hold back.

post #51654 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by derArzt View Post

Got new (and first but certainly not last) Alden boots and what better way to commemorate than to join styleforums! They don't photograph very well (at least with my phone camera) but I love them. Couldn't be happier

Congrats! My first Aldens are in the mail...can't wait till they get here...
post #51655 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavely Manden View Post

Congrats! My first Aldens are in the mail...can't wait till they get here...

Which model?
post #51656 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsgillen View Post

I've got a sizing question... In general I wear a 10.5D in laceups and 10D in loafers.  The shell full strap in 10.5D was a bit too long so it had some heel slippage (used and already broken in) and space at the sides from flexing.  I tried on a 10D in calf at the store and it was tough to get into as it was new, but overall felt snug-pretty good.  I also have a pair of suede flex welt (Van last) pennies in 10D that fit very well.  Given the way these various shoes fit, what say you all about the potential fit of the Aberdeen last in 10E?  The main reason I ask is there is a pair of suede tassels on the bay I'd be interested in acquiring, but if the feeling is that 10D aberdeen would stretch to feel close to perfect then I will hold back.

The 10e will fit similar to the 10.5d. Also, the 10e will have a wider heel cup given Alden's combination sizing, and you will probably have noticeable heel slippage.
post #51657 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Which model?

Two pairs -- brown CXL Indys and tan captoe boots on Hampton lasts.

post #51658 of 90022

Question: I have a pair of 405 Indys (cowhide) that are tight right at the base of the tongue. It has a canvas lining, unlike the newer models. Can I expect this area of the boot to stretch? It's a great fit aside from being a little too tight in that one spot.

post #51659 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The 10e will fit similar to the 10.5d. Also, the 10e will have a wider heel cup given Alden's combination sizing, and you will probably have noticeable heel slippage.

Thanks for the help. I'll stick to my regular sizing then!
post #51660 of 90022
Quote:
Originally Posted by apo1 View Post


I would ask the 100yrs what is the exact  colour of thes laces in his snuff?

just the standard Alden brownish laces that came with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Love the Plaza last. Who offered that makeup?

as Herm said, these are a J. Gilbert makeup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***