Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3443
Styleforum Top Picks
Gotten kind of quiet here, and I know asking for opinions usually gets lots of responses. I'm thinking of adding another pair of shell to my family and wonder what you all would recommend.
Here's the current brood:
2 NST: Burnished Brown, and Chocolate Suede
3 LHS: Whiskey, Snuff Suede, and a #8 I'm trying to sell.
2 Boots: Ravello Brixton, and a Snuff Suede Brixton on order from J. Gilbert.
What's next, I've thought of a Shell PTB, a Shell NST, or a Shell LWB. Thoughts?
the easy answer is to get all three styles. my first choice would be #8 ptb
looking good in your wt
The odd thing is that when I came across the snuff version of the barrie/crepe chukka, j crew only had one size available via the website and it was a 12.5 or 13.5. Note that I've never looked for or seen a 12 or 13 before or since. I just happened across it when looking for that shoe as it was the only size listed.
See that just irks me. When the hell did these pop up on the J Crew website anyway? First time I saw them was yesterday and they only had an 8. When did you see the 12.5? I just heard back from J Crew and it wasn't good news
Hi to everybody ,this is my first time writing to styleforum , but I have read and learnt many things about my lovely ALDENS SHOES! here.
I am a owener of four pairs of ALDEN one of these is CORDOVAN!!! I will put soon photos here.
I would ask the 100yrs what is the exact colour of thes laces in his snuff?
PSA nice pair of Whiskey LWB not my size or I'd be all over these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Shell-Cordovan-Whiskey-Longwings-size-11D-in-Barrie-Last-/221231487390?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item33826c999e
Will Alden refuse to resole a shoe if it has been previously resoled by a local shoe repair? I have a pair due for a restoration, and I'd prefer sending it to Alden directly this time around. Aside from needing a new sole, the shoe is in great shape so I wouldn't anticipate a problem otherwise. Thanks for the help!
This is what I have been told by another SF member.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 39 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 18 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 18 minutes ago
- › Critique this MTM casual shirt 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015