I almost bought this from them, but the pics they showed me made the shows look almost yellowy. It was a real light color, and not similar at all to the snuff pictured above.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3428
Styleforum Top Picks
Are you sure they didn't show you tan suede longwings instead of snuff suede?
EDIT - Also, I believe Alden NYC has snuff longwings in stock if you want to try them. J Crew also has a version.
Today's BB 30% corporate sale seems to be working on cordovan and even EG's.
You can also get a free one year Shop Runner account via most Amex cards so free 2nd day ship with BB.
Sign up for BB corporate discount here
At the BB site, enter "Corporate Perks" as the company name.
If you already have a BB account, create a new account to use with your corporate discount code or you're going to need to call them.
Also, when you're checking out, you won't see the discount amount until the last page after you've entered payment info but before you hit Submit Order.
You can also get the BB corporate account via BMWCCA.
Amex Shoprunner deal
The Alden natural CXL tassels were tempting but I just bought a couple Gatsby shirts and a shoe brush.
The online order was placed without incident and the discount was applied.
Read the fine print when signing up - your billing address and shipping address (for an order placed with the corp. discount) have to be the same as the address you sign up with. So, whereas usually (when ordering from BB) my billing address is my home address (i.e., my credit card address) and my shipping address is my business address, that will not work - I needed to change my shipping address from my business address to my home address in order to get the discount. i even called mere minutes after the online order was placed and I could not change it - I was told the 2 addresses have to be the same in order to use the corp discount (which I knew) and that no changes were allowed even after the order was placed (which is what I was hoping not to hear).
Seems somewhat arbitrary, but no big deal ....
It was the snuff suede through and through... according to them.
I wonder what will ever happen to my whiskey LWB order from Alden Madison. I wish I knew Alden SF had a run, I would have picked up my pair from them.
Here's the full straps without flash as requested. However...some of the light issues are caused by my overhead fluorescent lighting.
Ive got four pairs of shell cordovan shoes that i wear in rotation, the oldest being 2 years old. I have never used wax on my shoes. Just give them a good brushing before wear. Please share your thoughts on not waxing my shells at all? Is waxing necessary, in that does lack of it deteriorate the leather over time?
I know about the Mac method et all but would you say that shell needs waxing at least twice a year or something (my shoes are not exposed to much dust and dirt)
Lastly is Alden/Kiwi paste wax good enough or do forum members feel using Saphir cordovan cream would be a good investment over Alden wax to ensure longevity and good looks?
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › TOMMY HILFIGER PLAID BOW TIE SILK ADJUSTABLE SPRING SUMMER 32 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE RALPH LAUREN POLO SPORT SIDE BAG MESSENGER 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 42 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 54 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015