or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3415

post #51211 of 94351
To the folks with chromexcel or kudu boots...I mine all day while walking in unrelenting rain and got them nice and soaked. Do you guys stuff them with paper towels/newspaper overnight or just go straight to shoes trees (unfinished cedar) to dry them out?
post #51212 of 94351
I stuffed mine with newspaper for 24 hours and laid them on their side. I also kept them away from any direct source of heat and they looked great after doing the Mac method on them the following day. The leather soles still look good, too. Thankfully Alden's leather defender will be here soon because I can't bear putting sno seal or any discoloring weatherproofer on them unless they're already black.
post #51213 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

I stuffed mine with newspaper for 24 hours and laid them on their side. I also kept them away from any direct source of heat and they looked great after doing the Mac method on them the following day. The leather soles still look good, too. Thankfully Alden's leather defender will be here soon because I can't bear putting sno seal or any discoloring weatherproofer on them unless they're already black.

Thank you. Is Alden Leather Defender recommended for kudu as well?
post #51214 of 94351

What's the absolute cheapest place to get #8 gunboats? I remember somewhere people talking about a shop that didn't have an online presence that sold them at less than the standard 660ish.

post #51215 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

To the folks with chromexcel or kudu boots...I mine all day while walking in unrelenting rain and got them nice and soaked. Do you guys stuff them with paper towels/newspaper overnight or just go straight to shoes trees (unfinished cedar) to dry them out?

 

Kudu is tough stuff.  I don't take any special measures.  With CXL, I let them air our over night and then put in the shoe trees.

post #51216 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

 

Kudu is tough stuff.  I don't take any special measures.  With CXL, I let them air our over night and then put in the shoe trees.

Cool, thanks.

post #51217 of 94351
For those of you with Indy boots, did yours come with the cloth shoe bags or not? When I got mine from needsupply the came packaged in plastic bags but there were no cloth shoe bags in the box. This isn't really a deal breaker for me, just curious if I'm the only one that has experienced this
post #51218 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

For those of you with Indy boots, did yours come with the cloth shoe bags or not? When I got mine from needsupply the came packaged in plastic bags but there were no cloth shoe bags in the box. This isn't really a deal breaker for me, just curious if I'm the only one that has experienced this

They don't come with them.
post #51219 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

looks like an alden indy boot from INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (2008), see below
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Sort of a weird picture, is that in an outhouse?

I believe they aged the boots with a belt sander.
post #51220 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

They don't come with them.

Ok thanks
post #51221 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Sort of a weird picture, is that in an outhouse?

I believe they aged the boots with a belt sander.

It's a refrigerator. The last Indy film was pretty bad
post #51222 of 94351
Hi,

I posted this in the wrong area initially & was guided here.

I purchased a pair of natural chrome excell boots in size 9 1/2D. (These are the plain toe model without the white stitching)

I usually wear 10D (sometimes a 9 1/2) but based on the last, I went down a half size. I received them yesterday and put them on in the evening. The fit seemed good overall, my concern is with the area over the big toe, as it seems a bit tight. Will this stretch over time? Or should I send them back and get the larger size, I worried in the larger size, my foot will float in the boot. Not sure what to do.

​In the meantime, I will wear them about the house and see how things shape up.

Thanks,

frederic
post #51223 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

For those of you with Indy boots, did yours come with the cloth shoe bags or not? When I got mine from needsupply the came packaged in plastic bags but there were no cloth shoe bags in the box. This isn't really a deal breaker for me, just curious if I'm the only one that has experienced this

I got cloth bags with my Indys. Ordered from LeatherSoul. Maybe you could chat with Needsupply. They have very approachable customer service staff. Good luck!
post #51224 of 94351
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

I got cloth bags with my Indys. Ordered from LeatherSoul. Maybe you could chat with Needsupply. They have very approachable customer service staff. Good luck!

I'm assuming your Indy boots were a special make-up only available from LS? My guess is the regular stock variety of the CXL's which are available everywhere else don't come with the shoe bags
post #51225 of 94351
I did not receive cloth bags either, was wondering myself about that
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***