or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3408

post #51106 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

I also like your taste in décor.

post #51107 of 97047
Thanks to all who responded with kind and grounding feedback to my panic post earlier today regarding the cadet bluchers bought from Jcrew on discount. After a couple deep breaths and a couple hours at my son's school picnic, perspective has been restored. I agree that I don't need another green box sitting, empty, somewhere in my basement. Chances of me attempting to sell the cadets are slim to none given that I've had an ebay account since 1999 and have never attempted to sell anything. The scratches, I now realize, would likely have appeared after one or two wearings even if I had bought Adam's untouched quality AofC shoes (and certainly would have appeared the moment my dear son decides to use me as a human jungle gym). I think, after recently negotiating for and closing on my new home, I've gotten a bit too caught up in concepts of resale value. If 5 figure amounts are the increments of real estare negotiating, Jcrew's packaging should clearly have been the least of worries.

Lest I gave the wrong impression about being a jerk to customer service and retail folks, let me say that--as a former tennis pro working for very entitled individuals in country club settings--I will continue to be cordial and gracious to the folks from whom I buy my goods. Sorry for the freak out; let's all enjoy the weekend--in our comfiest Aldens and in great health!
post #51108 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

#8 and suede saddles x jcrew






nephew,
i like your saddles
post #51109 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


I picked up these color 8 SWB's from Alden of Carmel.  I was hung up on the commando soles for a very long time, but finally broke down and pulled the trigger.  Wish I had done so sooner!






I like that they do not have the storm welt.  It looks sleeker and more dressy than the LWB.  Even with commando soles (difficult to notice them w/o looking for them) I can pair these with dressier options.

nephew,
looking good in your wt
post #51110 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcbrown3 View Post

How do you set up your style forum account so that your "for sale" items are listed below your posts?

 

click on your username at the top right of this page to go to your 'profile'.

scroll down to forum signature section.

edit signature.  select the items.


Edited by dusttruffle - 5/17/13 at 7:45pm
post #51111 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
looking good in your wt

Uncle, thank you!

post #51112 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


nephew,
good looking ptb
post #51113 of 97047

Maiden voyage
post #51114 of 97047

Does the Jcrew ravello LWB have brass eyelets like last time?

post #51115 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

Thanks to all who responded with kind and grounding feedback to my panic post earlier today regarding the cadet bluchers bought from Jcrew on discount. After a couple deep breaths and a couple hours at my son's school picnic, perspective has been restored. I agree that I don't need another green box sitting, empty, somewhere in my basement. Chances of me attempting to sell the cadets are slim to none given that I've had an ebay account since 1999 and have never attempted to sell anything. The scratches, I now realize, would likely have appeared after one or two wearings even if I had bought Adam's untouched quality AofC shoes (and certainly would have appeared the moment my dear son decides to use me as a human jungle gym). I think, after recently negotiating for and closing on my new home, I've gotten a bit too caught up in concepts of resale value. If 5 figure amounts are the increments of real estare negotiating, Jcrew's packaging should clearly have been the least of worries.

Lest I gave the wrong impression about being a jerk to customer service and retail folks, let me say that--as a former tennis pro working for very entitled individuals in country club settings--I will continue to be cordial and gracious to the folks from whom I buy my goods. Sorry for the freak out; let's all enjoy the weekend--in our comfiest Aldens and in great health!


The box is less of an issue to me than the shoe bags. I use them for travel and storage to keep dust off. We own a 200 yr old home where it seems impossible to keep dust off of anything. I've read about many folks here who were successful in having jcrew ship out the OEM green box & bags after receiving the generic box & no bags in the mail. It's been a while since someone shared that so perhaps j crew has changed their policy. However, it may be as simple as trying to get a different customer service rep on the phone in hopes of a different outcome. It certainly can't hurt to try sending an email or calling back at a later date.

I'm with you on the try-on markings. It would bother me at first but I'd get over it quickly after wearing once. Congrats on the new acquisition.
post #51116 of 97047
Alden J crew Cadet Shell for my sons Highschool graduation

post #51117 of 97047

Does anyone know if Alden's sizing differs at all between which retailers they make shoes for? I'm sort of new to Alden, but so far I've heeded the advice to go half size down on the Barrie lasts and have received different fits from 3 different pairs ordered from 3 different retailers all of which are size 10. I remember reading on the forums before that Alden for Brooks Brothers, at least one particular shoe in Barrie last, ran TTS.

post #51118 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiglarsen View Post

Does anyone know if Alden's sizing differs at all between which retailers they make shoes for? I'm sort of new to Alden, but so far I've heeded the advice to go half size down on the Barrie lasts and have received different fits from 3 different pairs ordered from 3 different retailers all of which are size 10. I remember reading on the forums before that Alden for Brooks Brothers, at least one particular shoe in Barrie last, ran TTS.

There shouldn't be a big difference between retailers if the shoe is the same last. What you may be describing is a difference in fit between two Barrie models (for example, many report Barrie boots for snugger than Barrie longwings)
post #51119 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

The box is less of an issue to me than the shoe bags. I use them for travel and storage to keep dust off. We own a 200 yr old home where it seems impossible to keep dust off of anything. I've read about many folks here who were successful in having jcrew ship out the OEM green box & bags after receiving the generic box & no bags in the mail. It's been a while since someone shared that so perhaps j crew has changed their policy. However, it may be as simple as trying to get a different customer service rep on the phone in hopes of a different outcome. It certainly can't hurt to try sending an email or calling back at a later date.

I'm with you on the try-on markings. It would bother me at first but I'd get over it quickly after wearing once. Congrats on the new acquisition.

Thanks Patrick. I just wanted the best shot at making my first black shells look mirror-ish--like so many of yours we've marveled at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Alden J crew Cadet Shell for my sons Highschool graduation


Congrats on your son's HS grafuation! You make me wish it wasn't a rainy day here so I could take my cadets out for their maiden voyage. I might have to wait for my kindergarten we to graduate next month wink.gif
post #51120 of 97047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

There shouldn't be a big difference between retailers if the shoe is the same last.What you may be describing is a difference in fit between two Barrie models (for example, many report Barrie boots for snugger than Barrie longwingss)

2nd this
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***