or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3405

post #51061 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

bit the bullet on these and wearing today. unlined snuff suede chukkas (leydon last):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



fit is tts, but did anyone else find they had to also size up in width?

One of my favorites this time of year. And yes, I definitely needed an "E" width. I think that's a pretty common finding on these. So much so that Leffot normally stocks more in an "E" width than they do in the standard "D" width.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #51062 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post


One of my favorites this time of year. And yes, I definitely needed an "E" width. I think that's a pretty common finding on these. So much so that Leffot normally stocks more in an "E" width than they do in the standard "D" width.

yeah, the store i got them from said they don't even stock D widths in these because the E fits more like a D apparently. 

post #51063 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

bit the bullet on these and wearing today. unlined snuff suede chukkas (leydon last):






fit is tts, but did anyone else find they had to also size up in width?


I'm a bit worried now since my incoming 9D Laydon last unlined 1494 might be too narrow.. Anyone wears 9D in these or majority wears only E width in 1494?

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I wear 8.5D in Barrie and I have a bit of room in the width.
post #51064 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


I'm a bit worried now since my incoming 9D Laydon last unlined 1494 might be too narrow.. Anyone wears 9D in these or majority wears only E width in 1494?

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I wear 8.5D in Barrie and I have a bit of room in the width.

 

seems difficult to say; if your feet are on the narrow side, you should be fine. 

 

one way to tell with this shoe is if your small toe is over the welt or not, when standing, which it should not really be. 

post #51065 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

I'm a bit worried now since my incoming 9D Laydon last unlined 1494 might be too narrow.. Anyone wears 9D in these or majority wears only E width in 1494?

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I wear 8.5D in Barrie and I have a bit of room in the width.

I'm a 10d on the Barrie and went with 10.5d in the Leydon last suede chukka. I probably could've gone with an e width, as my feet are somewhat wider than normal. That said, the chukkas fit like gloves -- both in length and width -- and I think that, because they are unlined and super soft, a closer fit isn't bad. I've already walked a couple of miles in mine and had no problems.
post #51066 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

seems difficult to say; if your feet are on the narrow side, you should be fine. 

one way to tell with this shoe is if your small toe is over the welt or not, when standing, which it should not really be. 

thanks for your feedback.
post #51067 of 87498
I had to sell off all my alden chukkas. there is just some abnormal pinching on the medial side from the stitching on every pair that I've owned. I tried d and e widths with no improvement in feel. They look great though.
post #51068 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

bit the bullet on these and wearing today. unlined snuff suede chukkas (leydon last):






fit is tts, but did anyone else find they had to also size up in width?

I went 10E on these, up a length from my 9.5E in Barrie. I could have even gone 10EE, but those aren't available. I will have a bit of stretch on these from my small toe, but it is what it is, the shoe looks great anyway.
post #51069 of 87498
Anyone aware of any retailers with LWBs in colors other than color 8 or black? I've searched the most common places without success. I know they're rare and coveted.
post #51070 of 87498
black fleece in the wild



post #51071 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoted View Post

Anyone aware of any retailers with LWBs in colors other than color 8 or black? I've searched the most common places without success. I know they're rare and coveted.

someone mentioned in the last couple days that there were whiskey LWB at a retailer in select sizes. 

post #51072 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


I went 10E on these, up a length from my 9.5E in Barrie. I could have even gone 10EE, but those aren't available. I will have a bit of stretch on these from my small toe, but it is what it is, the shoe looks great anyway.

the shoe is so comfortable and the suede so pliable that i think it could actually be fine for most in a few different sizes. 

post #51073 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoted View Post

Anyone aware of any retailers with LWBs in colors other than color 8 or black? I've searched the most common places without success. I know they're rare and coveted.

Don't know how you feel about ebay, but there are a few pairs there.

post #51074 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

bit the bullet on these and wearing today. unlined snuff suede chukkas (leydon last):






fit is tts, but did anyone else find they had to also size up in width?

I've heard that David Backham sports these...



nest.gif
post #51075 of 87498
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

black fleece in the wild




Great pants man, where from?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***