I have a problem if I am on all three pre-orders, right?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3386
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm currently debating between the JCrew LWB or the NRO PTB, both in snuff suede. I'm looking for something that can be worn on weekends with jeans or khakis - I already have enough shoes for my suits. Any difference in quality? What's the best style? Of course, I don't know what the availability for the NRO PTB is, but the website says first shipment in March.
Thanks for your advice!
Yup this is the one I was referring to. I was able to get a size 12C, which is nearly impossible to find in a Ravello wingtip boot. If I remember correctly, NAMOR was able to score a C width from TSM years ago, but that version had speedhooks and I prefer the all-eyelet style of the Brixton. Epaulet has run this boot in Ravello before, so it's not a completely new style, just a reorder of something they had offered in the past. I can only assume the shell scarcity is causing the wait to be so long.
I did pay in full for this, which I think was somewhere around $655, which would be considered a steal compared to any other new model of a rare shell color, which have recently climbed to nearly $800 (maybe some have actually eclipsed the $800 mark? Can't remember...).
However, Epaulet is such a great retailer that they have offered customers full refunds on the purchase price, due to Alden's insane wait times. So, that means that there may be a few lucky people who can scoop up a pair that was previously spoken for when the boot is finally released. Am I still on this order? Yes. Am I crazy? Possibly.
That's very good because I know many other Alden retailers have a non-refundable deposit policy, which would suck (and seems really unfair), if said shoes never come in.
I'm super wide footed, so I always assume shops won't have my size available. I was in DC recently and stopped in at the DC Alden store. I asked the sales person if they had anything 11EEE Barrie/Trubalance (long shot). He went in the back, and returned with a box saying, "these are whiskey shell and they're the only pair left and they are 11EEE". wow! For someone used to having to preorder and wait 6-24 months even if I want a standard makeup, this was incredible. Maybe these are from the SF preorder a year or two ago? The guy said whoever ordered them backed out of the deal. If it's one of you, thanks as I'm grateful I now have these whiskey shell Indys!
Wow! You really lucked out on those. Big time.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 seconds ago
- › Calvin Klein X Suit. Does this look like poly? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015