or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3377

post #50641 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Not actually Aldens, but I remember hearing that y'all have a thing for ravello shell.


good shine on your ptb
post #50642 of 96876
ravello wt
argyles otc

post #50643 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

good shine on your ptb

Thanks! Really happy to have a second pair of "grown-up" shoes (the others are black Raf derbies) for biz-caz purposes.

edit: ^ Some good-looking brogues right there. I like the argyles in that context.
post #50644 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

ravello wt
argyles otc

 

more impressive than your shine is that fact you seem to get zero scuffing of the sole by the toe. I feel like every pair of mine gets that almost immediately

post #50645 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Not actually Aldens, but I remember hearing that y'all have a thing for ravello shell.

Are those hanovers ? I have a pair of single color saddles that look like that .The bluchers look bettter with jeans btw
post #50646 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

more impressive than your shine is that fact you seem to get zero scuffing of the sole by the toe. I feel like every pair of mine gets that almost immediately

nephew,
thank you
you scuff the soles of your shoes at the toe but look at the brighter side you have two legs
post #50647 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Are those hanovers ? I have a pair of single color saddles that look like that .The bluchers look bettter with jeans btw

These are Church's. I'll probably mostly wear them with chinos and trousers, but yeah, they go alright with denim as well. I usually wear slimmer stuff, but I feel like these have just enough chunkiness to them to work with the LVC 1947s I'm wearing (probably my most relaxed-fitting pair of jeans).
post #50648 of 96876
The ever-controversial black shell (with Epaulet russet nailhead).

post #50649 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
looking good

Thank you uncle...
post #50650 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
thank you for posting this info
until the recent change alden would change commando sole for double leather sole

You are welcome.
I wish Alden still allowed for restoration deviations.
post #50651 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

The ever-controversial black shell (with Epaulet russet nailhead).


Nothing controversial about them. biggrin.gif Just a damn fine shoe. fistbump.gif
post #50652 of 96876

PSA:

 

J Gilbert has two new makeups confirmed available for order:

 

Navy suede captoe boot on the Plaza last with crepe sole

 

Snuff suede wingtip boot on the Barrie last with commando sole

 

I just pulled the trigger on the snuff boot myself. I believe these are smaller run orders so if you want to get in on them I would suggest emailing Yenni. I thought others may be interested...

post #50653 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

PSA:

 

J Gilbert has two new makeups confirmed available for order:

 

Navy suede captoe boot on the Plaza last with crepe sole

 

Snuff suede wingtip boot on the Barrie last with commando sole

 

I just pulled the trigger on the snuff boot myself. I believe these are smaller run orders so if you want to get in on them I would suggest emailing Yenni. I thought others may be interested...

I got my order in for the same boot on Saturday.  Yenni said that she expects them in October.

post #50654 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

PSA:

J Gilbert has two new makeups confirmed available for order:

Navy suede captoe boot on the Plaza last with crepe sole

Snuff suede wingtip boot on the Barrie last with commando sole


I just pulled the trigger on the snuff boot myself. I believe these are smaller run orders so if you want to get in on them I would suggest emailing Yenni. I thought others may be interested...



Why the size I need is already gone 
post #50655 of 96876
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Why the size I need is already gone 

Sorry about that...is she not able to get a second pair in our size? I got the impression she had some flexibility as she is not sending the order in until later this week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***