or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3373

post #50581 of 94964

Someone is hawking a pair of new BBBF black pebblegrain longwings on ebay for a hefty sum above what (I'm assuming) he paid for them at the BF sale.  I'm mostly noting this as I was really tempted to buy just this pair of shoes but decided against doing so as I determined that I'd mostly just be buying them because they were such a good deal -- much like my purchase and subsequent return of the J. Crew cadet shoe.

post #50582 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Someone is hawking a pair of new BBBF black pebblegrain longwings on ebay for a hefty sum above what (I'm assuming) he paid for them at the BF sale.  I'm mostly noting this as I was really tempted to buy just this pair of shoes but decided against doing so as I determined that I'd mostly just be buying them because they were such a good deal -- much like my purchase and subsequent return of the J. Crew cadet shoe.

I ended up loving the cadet shoe
post #50583 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I ended up loving the cadet shoe

The cadet ended being one of my favorites...
post #50584 of 94964

New to this thread but the knowledge on Alden here seems pretty amazing so I thought someone might be able to help out on a small question on fitting. 

 

What is the difference between the D and E fittings? I have searched the web but find only limited information... Probably because Alden is such a rare brand in Europe.

 

If I have a Barrie last size 7.5 E which fits my foot pretty well, is a 7.5 D much narrower or is the difference negligible?

 

Greatful for any advice and input!

 

Chris

post #50585 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


That's because they're already charging an unreasonable 150 bucks for the service. 8-10 weeks?

There are many quality cobblers that can handle Aldens, and will be more accommodating to the customer.

 

Agreed. It's the 8-10 weeks that always pushed me away from a factory resole. I'd be OK with the price if it didn't take 2 months.

post #50586 of 94964
Originally Posted by Roguls


That's because they're already charging an unreasonable 150 bucks for the service. 8-10 weeks?

There are many quality cobblers that can handle Aldens, and will be more accommodating to the customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Agreed. It's the 8-10 weeks that always pushed me away from a factory resole. I'd be OK with the price if it didn't take 2 months.

Truth be told, I just had restorations done on two pairs of LHS shells (sent in at separate times), and while they did tell me it would be 8-10 weeks... I received both within 6 weeks , and they came back like new. Of course using another cobbler, like B Nelson, the turnaround time would still be a fraction of the 6 weeks... But I prefer to have my Alden's restored by Alden, they know their shoes best...
post #50587 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoffer78 View Post

New to this thread but the knowledge on Alden here seems pretty amazing so I thought someone might be able to help out on a small question on fitting. 


What is the difference between the D and E fittings? I have searched the web but find only limited information... Probably because Alden is such a rare brand in Europe.

If I have a Barrie last size 7.5 E which fits my foot pretty well, is a 7.5 D much narrower or is the difference negligible?

Greatful for any advice and input!

Chris

Welcome to the forum... D and E widths both fall into the Alden "medium" width category... With the E being approximately 3/16ths of an inch wider than a D... Hope that helps...
post #50588 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

Welcome to the forum... D and E widths both fall into the Alden "medium" width category... With the E being approximately 3/16ths of an inch wider than a D... Hope that helps...

I wear D width in Barrie and I think I may be on the narrowish side of D especially with the LWB.  I can not wear an E width in that shoe.

post #50589 of 94964

Out and about with my LS CXL jumpers today
post #50590 of 94964
Can anyone comment on how the Leydon last fits when going from TB / Barrie size up a half size and down a width on a pair of the unlined chukkas?
(i.e. I'm looking at going from TB / Barrie 11.5 D to Leydon 12C).
post #50591 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Can anyone comment on how the Leydon last fits when going from TB / Barrie size up a half size and down a width on a pair of the unlined chukkas?
(i.e. I'm looking at going from TB / Barrie 11.5 D to Leydon 12C).

I doubt this will work unless the Barrie D is way too wide for you. Most would go 12D or 12E from 11.5D Barrie
post #50592 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Those ravello LHS are among the best I've seen. I so wish I could wear LHS

nephew,
thank you
post #50593 of 94964
cigar lhs
argyles otc

post #50594 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

cigar lhs
argyles otc

Smokin... Just smokin Uncle
post #50595 of 94964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

Smokin... Just smokin Uncle

nephew,
thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***