or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3369

post #50521 of 91640
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Feel free to scroll past...................
I apologize to this forum for any part I may have had in unleashing this deluge of off topic sophistry upon all . My intent was merely to defend someone who I felt was unfairly maligned for simply posting a picture of a sports celebrity wearing a pair of Alden shoes. (Messianic complex and all that rot you know)This was obviously a mistake .I wiil make every effort fromthis point on to confine my post to the subject of shoes and Alden shoes in particular.
MWS only because you have asked me to comment on your argument will I say that since my objective has only been ,to as much as possible , clear the waters of misunderstanding and.yours appear to me to be to muddy them for god knows what reason I can no longer participate in this self indulgent foolishness

 

Englade, my intentions in asking you to make rational and well put together discussion has never been anything other than my attempt to clear the waters of misunderstanding as well.  I don't enjoy arguing either.  I can see that you have become quite upset over this discussion (is it ye who doth protest too much?), and for what it's worth, my intention was never to unfairly malign anyone either.  As Mediahound and I had cleared up before you and I started our discussion, Mediahound had stated that he doesn't buy shoes using the premise that I said I disagree with.  Therefore, my comments were a generalization at a particular human tendency that I find frustrating.  The comments were not aimed at anyone specific. 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #50522 of 91640

Yes, they are all cordovans. biggrin.gif

post #50523 of 91640

I like the golden Logo...smusicboohoo[1].gif

post #50524 of 91640
I just missed out in my size a few months ago on the Cigar PTB's and all these pics are not helping. I love the simplicity of the PTB.
post #50525 of 91640
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpreston View Post

Thank you Uncle, I will check them out.

Their service is incredible and their selection is expansive... That's where I buy my socks too...
post #50526 of 91640
In the 80's today and I had to run to the office for a bit. Tan Suede LWB.

post #50527 of 91640
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I just missed out in my size a few months ago on the Cigar PTB's and all these pics are not helping. I love the simplicity of the PTB.

 

I've been a day late & a dollar short in my quest for the cigar PTB for what seems like a year. Most recently I found them at some overseas dealers like The Bureau and Frans Boone but kept holding out hope for a CONUS dealer. I was regularly calling Alden Madison Ave., Alden DC, Carmel, etc. and would check TSM site at least weekly. I just happened across them this week. Don't give up hope. Note, with the apocalyptic nature of the "Shell Famine of 2013", if you do see them you have to be prepared to order immediately. I actually saw them at TSM about 12-18 months ago and figured I'd wait and call in the order the following morning. By 9AM, my size was gone.

 

post #50528 of 91640
Pastor - those tan suede LWB's are great. I'm on a pre-order with LS for a pair that was placed back in January 2012. I was hoping they would be ready before this summer, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
post #50529 of 91640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

In the 80's today and I had to run to the office for a bit. Tan Suede LWB.

 

Great shoes!

post #50530 of 91640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Pastor - those tan suede LWB's are great. I'm on a pre-order with LS for a pair that was placed back in January 2012. I was hoping they would be ready before this summer, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

These are on the Leydon last and I got them from Epaulet a few years back. I really enjoy them a lot and they are one of the most comfortable shoes I own.
post #50531 of 91640
Suede and Leydon are always a great combo smile.gif
post #50532 of 91640

Being new here I don't know how you all feel about used shoes, but thought I'd bring this too your attention: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-11-C-E-genuine-shell-cordovan-mens-dress-shoes-/390593814664?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5af134a088   11 C/E looks like maybe Cigar PTB.

post #50533 of 91640
^ those look like #8 to me
post #50534 of 91640
+1for #8 ^^
post #50535 of 91640
I'm in Atlanta for the weekend... Stopped by H Stockton. I saw a few interesting models (snuff suede bal captoe, brown CXL tassel loafer and a brown CXL George boot) that I had not seen before. Call them if you have interest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***