or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3350

post #50236 of 91223

cigar lwb

 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #50237 of 91223

sadly, I'll be sending the newly acquired ravello nst boots back to shoemart. there is so noticeable (imo) 'marbling' effect on one of the shoes. had it been just a small section i might have been ok.. 

I tried to get a pic of it but it doesn't show very well

 

 

 

feel free to hit up the shoemart in a week or two to see once they hit their inventory again. size 12

post #50238 of 91223
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Just tried to use the 25% off coupon @ BB on some Alden cordovans and it said the coupon isn't applicable frown.gif

"Cordovan" shoes are excluded. It works on Alden suede and Alden calf.

The Peal & Co cordovan boot - made by C&J - is not suppposed to be included in the sale. Once BB realizes it, the code will not work (I had this converstion with a BB CSA for a prior sale). But they will honor the sale price if you get it to work.
post #50239 of 91223
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

sadly, I'll be sending the newly acquired ravello nst boots back to shoemart. there is so noticeable (imo) 'marbling' effect on one of the shoes. had it been just a small section i might have been ok.. 
I tried to get a pic of it but it doesn't show very well





feel free to hit up the shoemart in a week or two to see once they hit their inventory again. size 12

I ordered this boot about 18 months ago (when I found it in stock). Mine too were sent back - the coloring was too uneven.
post #50240 of 91223
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


I ordered this boot about 18 months ago (when I found it in stock). Mine too were sent back - the coloring was too uneven.

its a shame, if the panel on the inside of the shoe against the ankle were off I might have been okay with it. but for $730, I would have liked a little better overall quality.

 

that's not even bringing into account a 1.5" portion on the outer sole that seems was sanded after the dressing was applied.

 

oh well, cost me $8 for return shipping

post #50241 of 91223
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

sadly, I'll be sending the newly acquired ravello nst boots back to shoemart. there is so noticeable (imo) 'marbling' effect on one of the shoes. had it been just a small section i might have been ok.. 

I tried to get a pic of it but it doesn't show very well

 

 

 

feel free to hit up the shoemart in a week or two to see once they hit their inventory again. size 12

Kind of reminds me of this.....on my cigar indy boots. Doesn't bother me too much but I also didn't pay $730 for them

post #50242 of 91223
^ those would easily be worth it for TSM seconds price, but not $730. On the other hand, with the scarcity of Ravello out there, you might be able to sell these for above retail to someone else! :P
post #50243 of 91223

at the TSM seconds price, I'd keep them. that being said, I'll process the return and someone else can live with them

post #50244 of 91223
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

anyone ever had luck going from 11.5d to 11e on a barrie chukka?

wondering if I can give it a shot

K, 4 of my 5 Barrie lasted lwb's were 8.5d. I bought the Barrie whiskey lwb in 8e an found no problem in length. It's even comfier for me than the d width. I would think a Barrie chukka should work similarly. What do you guys think?
post #50245 of 91223
will be picking up a pair of the j crew alden crushed suede chukkas in US 10.5 from a friend next week, he asked me to help list them here on SF. does anyone know the retail? he said it was close to $500 but doesnt remember for sure. thanks in advance.
post #50246 of 91223
Hello
Quick sizing question:
I have my eyes on natural chromexcel tassel loafers on brooks brothers as my summer shoes and wondering how aberdeen last fits
I wear 7d in barrie and 7.5d in laydon comfortably with thin socks.
Will I be 7.5 d in aberdeen.
Thanx a bunch!
post #50247 of 91223

^^ typically up 1/2 size for Aberdeen ^^

post #50248 of 91223
Thank you!
post #50249 of 91223
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2slow View Post

Hello
Quick sizing question:
I have my eyes on natural chromexcel tassel loafers on brooks brothers as my summer shoes and wondering how aberdeen last fits
I wear 7d in barrie and 7.5d in laydon comfortably with thin socks.
Will I be 7.5 d in aberdeen.
Thanx a bunch!

You will most likely be a 7.5; however, you may consider going down in width to get a snug fit at the heel. I go down in width with all my loafers.
post #50250 of 91223

How do you get a copy of what The Shoe Mart has on the 2nd's list?

 

See Ya,

Steve

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***