or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3342

post #50116 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Great stuff past few pages. Nice to see some pant leg openings that are not 10" wink.gif

I disagree.  I hate that skinny jean nonsense.  To each his own.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post


Where in Houston did you see these?

I am also very perplexed by this.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #50117 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

pretty decent run of sizes of whiskey ptb at skyvalet, fyi

 

http://www.skyvalet1.com/Alden-9905_p_196.html

darn, my size is not available. 

post #50118 of 87596

These boots got a lot of hate in this thread last year.


I got my hands on a pair. Not sure if I should keep them or not though.


On one hand, I could really use the college money.

On the other hand, no other shoe I've owned has foot as good as this one. 

 

Advice, uncles? 

 

post #50119 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

These boots got a lot of hate in this thread last year.


I got my hands on a pair. Not sure if I should keep them or not though.


On one hand, I could really use the college money.

On the other hand, no other shoe I've owned has foot as good as this one. 

 

Advice, uncles? 

 

 

i'd keep them if you like them. that's a unique alden make up.  it doesn't matter as much if others like them or not. 

post #50120 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

i'd keep them if you like them. that's a unique alden make up.  it doesn't matter as much if others like them or not. 

 


I have mixed feelings. From some angles, I love em. From others, not so sure. I'm certainly not used to having pebble grained leather on a boot and it throws me off a bit. 

 

e: How they look on feet (not my pic)

 

 

post #50121 of 87596
From my view, a black boot can be a very good thing. Especially when it fits and feels good. However this boot is very compartmentalized by the vibram, light-colored sole. It makes it appropriate for a relatively narrow number of wardrobing possibilities.

I think you could find something that would be more conducive to multiple aesthetic possibilities while maintaining fit.

Disclaimers: I don't like pebble grain, or large lugg soles.
post #50122 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

These boots got a lot of hate in this thread last year.


I got my hands on a pair. Not sure if I should keep them or not though.


On one hand, I could really use the college money.
On the other hand, no other shoe I've owned has foot as good as this one. 

Advice, uncles? 



They are not for me.

But if you like them - keep them. nod[1].gif
post #50123 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

pretty decent run of sizes of whiskey ptb at skyvalet, fyi

http://www.skyvalet1.com/Alden-9905_p_196.html

Only 10.5 and 12 are available. Once you try the other sizes and select a width (even the other sizes shown) you will get a pop-up box telling you they are not available. Makes a guy wonder why those sizes stay on the list ......
post #50124 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post


Cigar chukka (received via trade)


And I'm hoping it doesn't get a little redundant with the #8 shell when my cap toe boots arrive sometime in August. satisfied.gif

Looking good man nod[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #50125 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countingsheep View Post

Looking good man nod[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Color 8 is king, but the cigar chukka wins the shell chukka award IMO. Nice. biggrin.gif
post #50126 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

From my view, a black boot can be a very good thing. Especially when it fits and feels good. However this boot is very compartmentalized by the vibram, light-colored sole. It makes it appropriate for a relatively narrow number of wardrobing possibilities.

I think you could find something that would be more conducive to multiple aesthetic possibilities while maintaining fit.

Disclaimers: I don't like pebble grain, or large lugg soles.


The light colored sole seems to be a pretty common trend in black boots today. Right now I'm leaning towards 60% selling, 40% keeping. 

How limiting do you think that sole makes the boots? Does it wreck its synergy with monochrome colored outfits? I could still rock them with a pair of denim or duck canvas jeans...

post #50127 of 87596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post


The light colored sole seems to be a pretty common trend in black boots today. Right now I'm leaning towards 60% selling, 40% keeping. 


How limiting do you think that sole makes the boots? Does it wreck its synergy with monochrome colored outfits? I could still rock them with a pair of denim or duck canvas jeans...

The big white soles were very popular a couple of years ago, I think largely due to red wing. They have stuck around a bit. You said you are in college, right? This is a good casual boot that can be worn with denim. If you got a good deal on them and think you would wear them a lot, keep em.
post #50128 of 87596
Another $500 saved due to the fact no one is stocking these navy CXL models in E widths
post #50129 of 87596

i dislike white soles and red wings in general but i sorta have the same question about these aldens with red brick sole. they are on the way, should i keep 'em? 

 

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~39363/99102911079/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~90~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~alden/39363.jsp

 

 

39363_EC0327_d4?$pdp_fs418$

post #50130 of 87596

They look like a nice, plain shoe. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***