or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3339

post #50071 of 90074
some chromexcel + coconut action from the weekend, they've been wearing in rather nicely.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #50072 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


I was in Houston back in January and saw them there.  I suppose it is possible that they were old stock color 8 that looked darker and more brown than usual, but the dark brown edge I am pretty sure of, which makes me think the dark brown shell is correct.  Color 8 LHS typically come with black edge.  Also, the soles were significantly thicker than the shell tassel mocs that sat next to them on display.  Could it be that C&J or another maker produced this model?

Black Fleece had a reddish brown shiny calf one, similar to the RL shell loafer. By C&J. Really nice pair, my Dad almost bought it.


It had Horween Shell cordovan stamped on the sole.  Pretty sure it was Alden.

post #50073 of 90074
Great stuff past few pages. Nice to see some pant leg openings that are not 10" wink.gif
post #50074 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


It had Horween Shell cordovan stamped on the sole.  Pretty sure it was Alden.

Where in Houston did you see these?
post #50075 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


It had Horween Shell cordovan stamped on the sole.  Pretty sure it was Alden.

Where in Houston did you see these?


BB in the Galleria.  They only had one size in it.  I think it was a 7.5D.

post #50076 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


whiskey ptb
argyles otc

 

these look great. i wish i got some whiskey when i had the chance. 

post #50077 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

these look great. i wish i got some whiskey when i had the chance. 

pretty decent run of sizes of whiskey ptb at skyvalet, fyi

 

http://www.skyvalet1.com/Alden-9905_p_196.html

post #50078 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottPapineau View Post

NAVY CXL PTB @ ALDEN SF


Mr.Pap, would you mind posting a few more shots of these beautiful shoes?
post #50079 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottPapineau View Post

NAVY CXL PTB @ ALDEN SF


Mr.Pap, would you mind posting a few more shots of these beautiful shoes?
post #50080 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottPapineau View Post

NAVY CXL PTB @ ALDEN SF


Mr.Pap, would you mind posting a few more shots of these beautiful shoes?
post #50081 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Great stuff past few pages. Nice to see some pant leg openings that are not 10" wink.gif

I disagree.  I hate that skinny jean nonsense.  To each his own.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post


Where in Houston did you see these?

I am also very perplexed by this.

post #50082 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

pretty decent run of sizes of whiskey ptb at skyvalet, fyi

 

http://www.skyvalet1.com/Alden-9905_p_196.html

darn, my size is not available. 

post #50083 of 90074

These boots got a lot of hate in this thread last year.


I got my hands on a pair. Not sure if I should keep them or not though.


On one hand, I could really use the college money.

On the other hand, no other shoe I've owned has foot as good as this one. 

 

Advice, uncles? 

 

post #50084 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

These boots got a lot of hate in this thread last year.


I got my hands on a pair. Not sure if I should keep them or not though.


On one hand, I could really use the college money.

On the other hand, no other shoe I've owned has foot as good as this one. 

 

Advice, uncles? 

 

 

i'd keep them if you like them. that's a unique alden make up.  it doesn't matter as much if others like them or not. 

post #50085 of 90074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

 

i'd keep them if you like them. that's a unique alden make up.  it doesn't matter as much if others like them or not. 

 


I have mixed feelings. From some angles, I love em. From others, not so sure. I'm certainly not used to having pebble grained leather on a boot and it throws me off a bit. 

 

e: How they look on feet (not my pic)

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***