or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3337

post #50041 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

Just out of curiousity, but are you still very new to wearing high end shoes?  I ask because it is not unusual for people (I was the same way) to subconsiously alter their gait when you are new to putting such expensive shoes on.  Eventually you get over it, or you may have to force yourself to get over it through intentional effort (which is what I had to do).  I just remember that I walked more stiffly when I first got into wearing high end shoes because I thought that I was somehow wearing the shoes more gently, and I was trying too hard to keep myself from stubbing the toes or dragging the heels/soles on concrete.  By trying to keep my shoes from excessive wear, I was actually only delaying the inevitable, but I was experiencing sore joints by the end of the day.  I'm not saying that you aren't experiencing legitimate fit issues that are causing discomfort, but it's just food for thought before you do anything rash.   

 

Very good point. This was my experience as well.

post #50042 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Absolutely gorgeous Don L! Ravello LWB's with argyles and French blue slacks are a great combo. It's one of the few looks where I would consider wearing a pink shirt or tie just because of the subtle red tones in Ravello. Way to give the duds a little something on a Monday morning.

These are the Petrol Blue Walt's.  beautiful color and fabric.  Highly recommend them.  Pink shirt would work well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post


Great combo donl. Is that merino or cashmere-silk blend on the socks?
I also wonder how many alden fans are big ep fans....

Thanks guys.  Socks are merino MrDV

post #50043 of 92414
Bought my first pair of aldens this weekend, stock unlined brown suede chukkas, flex welt from my favorite menswear store in stl. Went TTS, 10d, they seem to fit perfectly. Out of curiosity, is the mac break in method prescribed only for shell? Want to Make sure they are as perfect as they seem before wearing outside. All help is appreciated from you more experienced sartorial folk.
post #50044 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Ravello LWB
Marcoliani OTC
EP Walt





Don, looking great in your ravello LWB. Remember the Mac method involves walking on carpeting, not plywood. smile.gif
post #50045 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuy View Post

Bought my first pair of aldens this weekend, stock unlined brown suede chukkas, flex welt from my favorite menswear store in stl. Went TTS, 10d, they seem to fit perfectly. Out of curiosity, is the mac break in method prescribed only for shell? Want to Make sure they are as perfect as they seem before wearing outside. All help is appreciated from you more experienced sartorial folk.

Break in method works for sure. This will keep the sole from wearing too quickly at the toe. Also maybe hit them with a little suede protector.
post #50046 of 92414
NAVY CXL PTB @ ALDEN SF

post #50047 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

 

Very good point. This was my experience as well.

 

+1....I noticed that I had a different gait when I first started wearing Aldens....

post #50048 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post


Don, looking great in your ravello LWB. Remember the Mac method involves walking on carpeting, not plywood. smile.gif

One of these days I'll get a finished floor down in that room laugh.gif

post #50049 of 92414

Perfect day for AF-53's

 

post #50050 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuy View Post

Bought my first pair of aldens this weekend, stock unlined brown suede chukkas, flex welt from my favorite menswear store in stl. Went TTS, 10d, they seem to fit perfectly. Out of curiosity, is the mac break in method prescribed only for shell? Want to Make sure they are as perfect as they seem before wearing outside. All help is appreciated from you more experienced sartorial folk.

MrGuy!!!! I love your store! I am a st louisan! Tell Joe and everyone I said Hi. Great to see you guys on SForum!
post #50051 of 92414
Ok, so these are my first shell purchases, which were largely funded by money I shouldn't be spending right now, given the fact that I'm still in grad school...

Each photo is a first time wear.

LWB #8


WTB #8


Cigar chukka (received via trade)


And I'm hoping it doesn't get a little redundant with the #8 shell when my cap toe boots arrive sometime in August. satisfied.gif
post #50052 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

Ok, so these are my first shell purchases, which were largely funded by money I shouldn't be spending right now, given the fact that I'm still in grad school...

Each photo is a first time wear.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LWB #8


WTB #8


Cigar chukka (received via trade)

And I'm hoping it doesn't get a little redundant with the #8 shell when my cap toe boots arrive sometime in August. satisfied.gif

Congratulations on some great acquisitions.

It's great to have a lot of color 8. You'll love the cigar as well
post #50053 of 92414
Black unlined cordovan dover PTB from Alden DC

I'm really liking these. Surprisingly light and flexible for a cordovan shoe. The flat welt and single leather sole make it sleeker looking than your average PTB as well. I find the shape of the shoe suits black cordovan very well...

post #50054 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Where the beautiful Jesus loves me on this God loves me saturday morning are my f....ing Alden x Leffot naval boots?



"2 much coffee",

I'm patiently waiting on mine as well. I'm also still waiting on my color #8 and brown alpine grain saddle shoes that I was hoping to get early in the spring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottPapineau View Post

NAVY CXL PTB @ ALDEN SF


Very cool. Definitely seems a bit more adventurous than the vast majority of the Aldens on the market.
post #50055 of 92414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Black unlined cordovan dover PTB from Alden DC

I'm really liking these. Surprisingly light and flexible for a cordovan shoe. The flat welt and single leather sole make it sleeker looking than your average PTB as well. I find the shape of the shoe suits black cordovan very well...

looks great. what last? do the unlined ones size any differently than lined?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***