Thank you CA.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Today at 7:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3327
Styleforum Top Picks
The 975 is a main staple to any wardrobe... Why not just buy it directly from Alden via one of their company stores (DC or San Francisco) or is your size the issue? I believe thats a style they readily keep in stock (unless the rumors about a shell shortage that have been circulating on the forum have come to bear reality).
agree. i think alden sf has most sizes of the 975 in stock right now.
Wear on good health, Sazon! Just one question: didn't we both get these a couple months ago? I'm impressed with your ability to restrain yourself; I wore them out to town the very first night!
Happy maiden voyage...
I have two color 8 Florsheim imperial shell models from the1970's - LWB and PTB - and one black shell model from 1981 - PTB. I wear them all TTS. I like each of them as well as my Aldens. They fit like a glove and are of wonderful quality. American made.
Wore my black ones tonight .....
where did you find my florsheim's. those were the equal to aldens and more costly
My camera doesn't do these shoes justice. I assumed I would use these exclusively for casual to business casual, but these SWB's look outstanding; they could easily be dressed up with a suit. There are those though, who believe bluchers should not be paired with suits. I'm not one of them.
The commando sole is subtle enough for a dressy boot, imo.
i agree with your conclusion that they could and should be worn with a suit and tie.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Winter Footwear: Attractive Shoes and Boots for Rain, Snow, and Slush 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Trousers: size 28 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 24 minutes ago
- › Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R &... 25 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 33 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 34 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 37 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth