or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3307

post #49591 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

That particular one looks like it may be on the Plaza last, which is harder to find.  Not sure who sells that, but I'm sure others on the thread will know for sure.  I suspect Alden of Carmel or J Gilbert, but that is just my best guess.

 

There is a more common version on the Barrie last:

 

Which might be easier to find.

 

The Shoe Mart

Alden of SF has size 11

Alden Madison

 

to name a few...

 

I'm sure someone else will chime in with some others.

 

Probably won't find it on sale.  At this point, you should feel fortunate to find one in your size.

 

Good Luck

haha sadly, this is true.. I've all but given up on my last couple wants.. may be time to shift into some of the moulded offerings in calf/cxl/suede

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #49592 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


Where did you get those saddles? Certainly coveted by me!


Send me a PM letting me know your size and I will check our remaining stock for you. nod[1].gif

post #49593 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

Don't forget CTYGGG's inspiring collection (with some of the best photographs in the Alden thread) nod%5B1%5D.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

No doubt brother; another spectacular collection that I look forward to viewing everyday. icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

thanks for the kind words, uncle mac has been a big inspiration and bad influence depending on how you see things...
AMEN, ctyggg has his stuff together. great shoes, great trousers, great compositions.

Thank you, very kind words. Gentlemen have a great Monday!
post #49594 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown View Post

I've so far only purchased a few shoes from AE and Meermin. I am considering either the boots below for my next shoe or the AE Dalton. Can someone please tell me more info about this wingtip boot? What's the name of the boot? Is this shell cordovan? How much does it go for? Does it ever go on sale for a significant discount? How can I order a pair? I tried searching this thread for some answers but there are just too many posts for me to sift through.




I believe it's the same as this: http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=155&ParentID=94&PageID=&Action=

But if anyone can chime in I'd appreciate it. $700 for a pair of boots is a steep price for me so if there are any potential sales I'd like to hear. Thanks.

I contacted Alden Of Carmen and was able to order a pair of those Barrie lasted Wingtip Boots in #8 Shell. They are expecting delivery in May. I paid $685.

J Gilbert, as of a couple of weeks ago, is accepting preorders for their Plaza lasted version of the Wingtip Boots w/Commando Sole. I was quoted a price of $725 and they are expecting delivery in Fall/Winter.
post #49595 of 89442
My first picture post.

I had a nice spot picked out, but the rain has changed my plans, so you get the parking lot at work.

Alden DC Unlined #8 PTB, saw the forcast for today, so doubled up on the Leather Defender last night.



And now for a question; I want to add a pair of blue shoes to the rotation, I have the basics, a black captoe, #8 Long Wings, #8 PTB (pictured above), Suede PTB, and a Suede Chucka.

I am a TTS E width. Alden DC has the Blue CXL Long Wing, but they only did D widths, so I could go up a half size and get by, but Leather Sole has the Blue Suede Short wing coming in my size. Do I get the Blue CXL in a slightly off size (that still mostly works) or the suede??
post #49596 of 89442
Stoopid double post!
post #49597 of 89442

I'm planning to order the unlined penny in snuff suede and comparing prices. Do you guys know if Need Supply's version is snuff suede? They are calling it "tan", but it doesn't look at all like the tan suede I've seen in pics of tan suede loafers, chukkas and ptbs.

 

 http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/alden/unlined-penny-loafer.html

 

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

post #49598 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpreston View Post

And now for a question; I want to add a pair of blue shoes to the rotation, I have the basics, a black captoe, #8 Long Wings, #8 PTB (pictured above), Suede PTB, and a Suede Chucka.

I am a TTS E width. Alden DC has the Blue CXL Long Wing, but they only did D widths, so I could go up a half size and get by, but Leather Sole has the Blue Suede Short wing coming in my size. Do I get the Blue CXL in a slightly off size (that still mostly works) or the suede??
Though I love CXL I have been less than impressed with the blue CXL I have seen (only pictures). On the other hand I have never seen an Alden blue suede I have not wanted. Blue suede short wings or long wings are on my shortlist.
post #49599 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

I'm planning to order the unlined penny in snuff suede and comparing prices. Do you guys know if Need Supply's version is snuff suede? They are calling it "tan", but it doesn't look at all like the tan suede I've seen in pics of tan suede loafers, chukkas and ptbs.

 http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/alden/unlined-penny-loafer.html

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Those sure look like snuff to me.
post #49600 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

I'm planning to order the unlined penny in snuff suede and comparing prices. Do you guys know if Need Supply's version is snuff suede? They are calling it "tan", but it doesn't look at all like the tan suede I've seen in pics of tan suede loafers, chukkas and ptbs.

 http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/alden/unlined-penny-loafer.html

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

post #49601 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpreston View Post

My first picture post.

I had a nice spot picked out, but the rain has changed my plans, so you get the parking lot at work.

Alden DC Unlined #8 PTB, saw the forcast for today, so doubled up on the Leather Defender last night.



And now for a question; I want to add a pair of blue shoes to the rotation, I have the basics, a black captoe, #8 Long Wings, #8 PTB (pictured above), Suede PTB, and a Suede Chucka.

I am a TTS E width. Alden DC has the Blue CXL Long Wing, but they only did D widths, so I could go up a half size and get by, but Leather Sole has the Blue Suede Short wing coming in my size. Do I get the Blue CXL in a slightly off size (that still mostly works) or the suede??

 

I would get the suede for sure.  CXL has stretched quite a bit in two previous Alden make-ups--so much so that I ended up selling them.  I would be very concerned with CXL if you are already starting a half size up from TTS.

post #49602 of 89442

I was able to snag a pair of the Brooks Brothers Black Fleece LWB in black cordovan on Friday.  What is your take on black LWB vs color 8 LWB?  Thinking may flip them + cash for the color 8s.

post #49603 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post


...it can also damage your marriage cheers.gif

post #49604 of 89442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Some new additions in the last week.


Decided to try something different with the saddles and wanted to get some leather chukkas to replace some boots I just do not wear.

A couple of great acquisitions.

I'm currently waiting on a pair of saddle shoes from a Leffot pre-order and the more I see those chukkas, the more I want a pair. I could see myself wearing them with just about anything short of a suit.

___________________

Today I'm wearing my brown Alpine grain v-tips from Leather Soul. I've only had these a few weeks but they are quickly becoming my "go to" pair of shoes for the office. They also seem to elicit more compliments than any of my other shoes or boots.



post #49605 of 89442

Friday was gorgeous out and a bit busy, so I didn't get to posting my whiskey lwbs on their maiden voyage. I was so exuberant to have found them last week with the help of Voltaire from CitiShoes, so I kind of glossed over the carpet break-in thing. Anyway, here they are:

 

 

 

 

 

For today, decided to go Alpine WTs with orange

 

 

 

Have a good day, guys!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***