or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3304

post #49546 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


cigar utip
argyles otc

Fantastic shine Uncle.  Your Cigar looks more like liquid chocolate!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #49547 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

MrDV, you are solidifying your legend in my book.  Aside from Uncle, not sure there is another SF'er I envy more as far as an Alden collection goes. Cheers my friend and enjoy your amazing collection...  With respect, RTP

Don't forget CTYGGG's inspiring collection (with some of the best photographs in the Alden thread) nod[1].gif

post #49548 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

+1, really like the gold eyelets with that particular color.

 

They are striking in a good way.

post #49549 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
i do have both products on my shelves, maybe some day i will open them

Cool, just goes to show that those who think shell dries out and needs some conditioner are probably wrong.

It certainly dries out over time. I've seen plenty of pictures of dried out cracked shell. I wonder what uncle's oldest shells are. Uncle?
Edited by gsgleason - 4/26/13 at 7:39pm
post #49550 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

No. 8 PTBs today...

Classic... simplicity at its best!

post #49551 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Classic... simplicity at its best!

Thanks!
post #49552 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot Color 8 Longwings (no grey or argyle socks were available, so had to go with the navy)

Great pickup Alcibiades! Antique edge looks awesome.  Couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on these a couple of weeks ago; so close to both of my color 8 and cigar LWBs.  I picked up a pair of color 8 SWB instead.  I'll post pics when they arrive.

post #49553 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

Anyone know what deal with the Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Cordovan LWB is?  Which last?  Grabbed a pair for $130

I just grabbed a pair of the pebbled LWB and am curious who's behind the "made in USA" label as well.
Their retail price of $550 has me thinking it's not AE, but I don't know if that's wishful thinking...

I believe these are Alden and on the Grant last.

post #49554 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

looks good
keep posting

thanks uncle mac, will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

+1, really like the gold eyelets with that particular color.

thanks and agreed i really like the gold eyelets on this makeup fistbump.gif
post #49555 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

MrDV, you are solidifying your legend in my book.  Aside from Uncle, not sure there is another SF'er I envy more as far as an Alden collection goes. Cheers my friend and enjoy your amazing collection...  With respect, RTP

Don't forget CTYGGG's inspiring collection (with some of the best photographs in the Alden thread) nod[1].gif

No doubt brother; another spectacular collection that I look forward to viewing everyday. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #49556 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

MrDV, you are solidifying your legend in my book.  Aside from Uncle, not sure there is another SF'er I envy more as far as an Alden collection goes. Cheers my friend and enjoy your amazing collection...  With respect, RTP

thanks for the kind words, uncle mac has been a big inspiration and bad influence depending on how you see things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

Don't forget CTYGGG's inspiring collection (with some of the best photographs in the Alden thread) nod%5B1%5D.gif

AMEN, ctyggg has his stuff together. great shoes, great trousers, great compositions.

post #49557 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

I just grabbed a pair of the pebbled LWB and am curious who's behind the "made in USA" label as well.
Their retail price of $550 has me thinking it's not AE, but I don't know if that's wishful thinking...
Those are Alden. I have had them for a few years and wore them yesterday for casual Friday.
post #49558 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Those are Alden. I have had them for a few years and wore them yesterday for casual Friday.

I am considering pulling the trigger on these.  Was curious how different they would work with your wardrobe compared to a black shell LWB.  Do/would you wear them with the same apparel? Any differences?  I suppose the pebble grain makes them more casual, but I think you can dress them up and down the same way you would with the black shell.  Yes??  No??

post #49559 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I am considering pulling the trigger on these.  Was curious how different they would work with your wardrobe compared to a black shell LWB.  Do/would you wear them with the same apparel? Any differences?  I suppose the pebble grain makes them more casual, but I think you can dress them up and down the same way you would with the black shell.  Yes??  No??

Where is this still in stock?
post #49560 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I am considering pulling the trigger on these.  Was curious how different they would work with your wardrobe compared to a black shell LWB.  Do/would you wear them with the same apparel? Any differences?  I suppose the pebble grain makes them more casual, but I think you can dress them up and down the same way you would with the black shell.  Yes??  No??
I do not have black shell long wings. They are not my most versatile shoe. I like them but I am still trying to find the best things to pair them with. I usually do sports jacket and trousers. Yesterday I wore them with jeans for the first time and liked it. Still, I usually grab something brown when in a rush.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***