or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3288

post #49306 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Looks like they're actually off the website now, and they raised some prices too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Did someone just buy literally every pair of cadet bluchers?
The one on my cart says out of stock. I think they noticed the price mistake. I tried the 25% off code on every pair I had interest on as well but they were all excluded.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #49307 of 87947

ravello lwb + light pink

 

post #49308 of 87947
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #49309 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post


That is just a killer. I want them so bad but even at $500 they are still not in my remodel budget right now. angry.gif

I finally caved in... after getting a 30% off promo code from J Crew, so I ended up paying $460...   I could have bought them when they were the wrong price, but I was out of the country and it wasn't showing the wrong price point... and but the time I got back, it had been fixed...  Oh well.. received them the other day... they're pretty nice...

post #49310 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

I finally caved in... after getting a 30% off promo code from J Crew, so I ended up paying $460...   I could have bought them when they were the wrong price, but I was out of the country and it wasn't showing the wrong price point... and but the time I got back, it had been fixed...  Oh well.. received them the other day... they're pretty nice...


I tried a Jcrew code this morning on some Alden Cordovan Captoes and it said it wasn't applicable. Was this an "ad hoc" coupon?

post #49311 of 87947
i just put in the code then some hidden cigar and ravello in my size showed up. i used my j.crew card member code peepwall[1].gif
post #49312 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


I tried a Jcrew code this morning on some Alden Cordovan Captoes and it said it wasn't applicable. Was this an "ad hoc" coupon?

It was a code for J Crew card holders...  perhaps that's why it worked for me?

post #49313 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

I finally caved in... after getting a 30% off promo code from J Crew, so I ended up paying $460...   I could have bought them when they were the wrong price, but I was out of the country and it wasn't showing the wrong price point... and but the time I got back, it had been fixed...  Oh well.. received them the other day... they're pretty nice...
That is a great price for new shell. I really like the shoes. They would fill a void in my shoe collection too. Wear in good health. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #49314 of 87947
Just got my shoes back from the cobbler - bought these guys from our beloved YouTube-using mediahound. I had a thin topy put on and had the edgetrim changed to match my Marlows icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #49315 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post


That is a great price for new shell. I really like the shoes. They would fill a void in my shoe collection too. Wear in good health. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

It sure is... couldn't pass them up on those terms...   Thanks!!

post #49316 of 87947
Someone requested a better photo, here's my crappy attempt with a cell phone.



J&M purple laces on Alden 975 (Color 8 LWB), edgetrim converted to antique-look.
post #49317 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Just got my shoes back from the cobbler - bought these guys from our beloved YouTube-using mediahound. I had a thin topy put on and had the edgetrim changed to match my Marlows icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


I like what you did with them. Not sure about the laces, but that's just me, I'm a traditionalist. smile.gif
post #49318 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I like what you did with them. Not sure about the laces, but that's just me, I'm a traditionalist. smile.gif

Haha figured people would say that - yeah I took them off because they were really floppy, any idea how I might be able to get them stiffened up again? The purple is a little funky nod[1].gif but I'm feeling happy so why not? Haha smile.gif
post #49319 of 87947
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

I finally caved in... after getting a 30% off promo code from J Crew, so I ended up paying $460...   I could have bought them when they were the wrong price, but I was out of the country and it wasn't showing the wrong price point... and but the time I got back, it had been fixed...  Oh well.. received them the other day... they're pretty nice...

Where do you get the 30% off code? Do you have to have a J.Crew card? Is it worth signing up for card?
post #49320 of 87947

PSA.. Alden of DC has a pair of ravello chukkas in 11.5C.. sadly, a bit too narrow for me censored.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***