or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3265

post #48961 of 86526

Ok-I'm drinking the cool aide on shell shortage.  Just ordered:

 

Alden Men's Cap Toe Bal Oxford Shell Cordovan Color 8 Size: 14 Width: D

 

Would have preferred Cigar, Whiskey, or Ravello but Color 8 is a staple in this style.  I sure hope the Shoe fairy brings some shell in better colors soon.

 

See Ya,

Steve

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #48962 of 86526
Congrats - Color 8 is fantastic! Wow size 14 happy.gif
post #48963 of 86526
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Congrats - Color 8 is fantastic! Wow size 14 happy.gif

More like a destroyer or carrier than a simple gunboat rotflmao.gif
post #48964 of 86526
+1 on the cap toe bal oxfords totalair1.
post #48965 of 86526
ahh what is the dude's name at shoe mart. driving me nuts. al? albert?
post #48966 of 86526
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


More like a destroyer or carrier than a simple gunboat rotflmao.gif

Absolutely I want 100% of that shell cordovan hide used on my shoes...no left overs for belts!  By the way...I don't have any of the true gun boats yet.  I'm worried the true gun boats might look bigger than an carrier on my foot!  However...if a magic color were to appear I might pull the trigger.

 

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #48967 of 86526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

ahh what is the dude's name at shoe mart. driving me nuts. al? albert?
are you thinking of ed?
post #48968 of 86526

 

 

Just Saying

post #48969 of 86526

My Ravello Split toes-in beached whale size 14D  :)

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #48970 of 86526

^^^Awesome Steve.

post #48971 of 86526

Decided last night to do some brushing of my humble collection and to try to think of the best future additions to round out the collection now that dear wife and I are finally about to close on this house we've been stressing about for the last month.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The recent comments on the shortage of shell have me very discouraged about fulfilling the dream of finally getting the whiskey and ravello lwbs added to the gunboat situation. For now, I've decided to focus on spring/summer "fun" aldens, as opposed to more serious dressy aldens. Here are the purchases on deck for the next few months:

- Definitely feel I need the snuff suede flex welt Leydon chukka. Thinking of wearing it without socks while pairing with jeans or shorts.

- Thinking about going for the snuff suede flex welt unlined penny, as the cigar lhs (which I do love) do get a bit hot

- JCrew white suede lwb --> curious to hear members' thoughts on the value of going this route vs getting the AE Spiaggia for about half the price

- Blue suede long- or shortwing (either FBoone or LSW) --> will I get much use out of blue suede?

 

As I said, someday, I hope to round out the shell collection. I'd love whiskey and ravello in both shoes and boots. The leffot Naval black shell boot will hopefully come in someday too.

 

How would you guys prioritize spring/summer shoe purchases? Am I missing anything? Is it too redundant to have more than one snuff suede model? I just like the snuff better than the tan and dark brown suedes.

 

One more thing: I'm getting intrigued by the recent posts on PTBs. I always looked the other way, thinking they were too plain. The itch has begun, though, as Kathy at DC tells me that she's got the #8 and black shell PTBs unlined. How do you guys wear PTBs? She claims one can do suits all the way to jeans. For real?

 

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

post #48972 of 86526
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

My Ravello Split toes-in beached whale size 14D  smile.gif

See Ya,
Steve

looking good in your nst
post #48973 of 86526

More Cigar today

 

post #48974 of 86526
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

My Ravello Split toes-in beached whale size 14D  smile.gif

See Ya,
Steve

I really wanna see those next to say, a size 8 or 9D haha icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

Decided last night to do some brushing of my humble collection and to try to think of the best future additions to round out the collection now that dear wife and I are finally about to close on this house we've been stressing about for the last month.













The recent comments on the shortage of shell have me very discouraged about fulfilling the dream of finally getting the whiskey and ravello lwbs added to the gunboat situation. For now, I've decided to focus on spring/summer "fun" aldens, as opposed to more serious dressy aldens. Here are the purchases on deck for the next few months:
- Definitely feel I need the snuff suede flex welt Leydon chukka. Thinking of wearing it without socks while pairing with jeans or shorts.
- Thinking about going for the snuff suede flex welt unlined penny, as the cigar lhs (which I do love) do get a bit hot
- JCrew white suede lwb --> curious to hear members' thoughts on the value of going this route vs getting the AE Spiaggia for about half the price
- Blue suede long- or shortwing (either FBoone or LSW) --> will I get much use out of blue suede?

As I said, someday, I hope to round out the shell collection. I'd love whiskey and ravello in both shoes and boots. The leffot Naval black shell boot will hopefully come in someday too.

How would you guys prioritize spring/summer shoe purchases? Am I missing anything? Is it too redundant to have more than one snuff suede model? I just like the snuff better than the tan and dark brown suedes.

One more thing: I'm getting intrigued by the recent posts on PTBs. I always looked the other way, thinking they were too plain. The itch has begun, though, as Kathy at DC tells me that she's got the #8 and black shell PTBs unlined. How do you guys wear PTBs? She claims one can do suits all the way to jeans. For real?

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

That is definitely not just a humble collection, it looks awesome! Would you mind breaking down which models you have?

[ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
quote name="Don L" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/48960#post_6294708"]More Cigar today



[/quote]

Cigar looks awesome ughhhh.
post #48975 of 86526
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

are you thinking of ed?

is he the guy who runs the seconds? i just want to know who to call and say 'what do you have in 10.5d' -- their seconds email sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***