or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3260

post #48886 of 87340

It is not full shell but it is cigar and it is a great combination.

 

 

 

 

www.unipairstore.com     


Edited by unipair guy - 4/18/13 at 4:15pm

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #48887 of 87340
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

It is not full shell but it is cigar and it is a great combination.

 

 

 

 

www.unipairstore.com      On sale and we are offering free worldwide shipping!

 

 

Please don't spam the thread. You posted this already...

post #48888 of 87340
aldenTanWTB.jpg

This is a foto from last fall, but with all the talk of a cordovan shortage, I just wanted to give a shout out to Alden's Calf offerings. I've been loving these tan wt boots from J. Gilbert. I love the leather so much, I'm considering a tan calf bal or loafer. That being said, a #8 LHS is still next on my list … that is if they're still around when I'm ready to buy smile.gif
post #48889 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

It is not full shell but it is cigar and it is a great combination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

www.unipairstore.com      On sale and we are offering free worldwide shipping!

 

Reminds me of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.  (Chocolate and Peanut Butter)

 

 

Edit:  I thought that it wasn't considered SPAM if he is an affiliate vendor.  Not sure about that though.

 

But you are right, it is a little redundant.

 

Edit: Spelling


Edited by Bakes11771 - 4/18/13 at 7:50pm
post #48890 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

aldenTanWTB.jpg

This is a foto from last fall, but with all the talk of a cordovan shortage, I just wanted to give a shout out to Alden's Calf offerings. I've been loving these tan wt boots from J. Gilbert. I love the leather so much, I'm considering a tan calf bal or loafer. That being said, a #8 LHS is still next on my list … that is if they're still around when I'm ready to buy smile.gif

"Calf?" I've never heard of this "calf" of which you speak.
post #48891 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

natural cxl LHS on hampton last today. I think a really nice neutral spring shoe.


Awesome man. Are they from unionmade?
post #48892 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



aldenTanWTB.jpg

 


This is a foto from last fall, but with all the talk of a cordovan shortage, I just wanted to give a shout out to Alden's Calf offerings. I've been loving these tan wt boots from J. Gilbert. I love the leather so much, I'm considering a tan calf bal or loafer. That being said, a #8 LHS is still next on my list … that is if they're still around when I'm ready to buy smile.gif


Excellent boot!  What does it look like after a season of wear?  How much care do you have to put into it to keep it looking great?  I have two Alden calf offerings that get very little play bc of my growing shell collection.

post #48893 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

These are kind of jazzy, but not quite my style.



(From Unipair)
if this were a boot i would be forced to break a promise
post #48894 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I may be wrong or missing something important, but I'm going to say it again: scarcity of Alden shell is a function of Alden being in demand beyond Alden's capacity to produce. You can go to several other makers, all sourcing shell from Horween, and get something immediately or MTO within a month or so and in an array of shell colors.
Is there another maker that produces as many shoes in Horween shell as Alden? Is anyone close?
post #48895 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan66 View Post

alden_ebay.JPG 538k .JPG file





this is a great forum and this is my first posting.

I just bought Alden on ebay and I am not satisfied.
the shoes looked o.k., when unpacking, but after a couple of hours wear, some crincles got lighter than the original bordeaux color.
after one full day, the leather showed white stuff coming off, if I would have been in dust somewhere, even I was in the office on carpet (see the picture).
I brushed the shoes and left them sitting for a day but after wearing them another day, same thing.
what could be wrong with the leather?
any recomendations what I can do?

does Alden offer to refurb these shoes for me?

thank you 
michigan66
I agree with the others. This seems to be the natural waxes coming out....like they have been sitting for a very long time. I think I would keep brushing them for a week or two daily and then when this stops happening I would apply Saphir Reno or something similar. I would not wear them in fear that if the leather is too dry it may crack.

Look up Cordovan Leather Bloom.

Also, do not apply wax to them. Never clear wax.
post #48896 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Excellent boot!  What does it look like after a season of wear?  How much care do you have to put into it to keep it looking great?  I have two Alden calf offerings that get very little play bc of my growing shell collection.

 



Thanks RTP!  I've actually been wearing them at least once a week.  They still look new.  I take the same care I do with shell … Mac Method (wipe, brush, cloth - every wear).  I did a bit of wax around Jan/Feb.  I'm not sure this level of care is necessary, but it's become a habit.  Alden's calf is very robust compared to my AE's, but they look pretty nice still too.  Anyhoo, I'll be sure to post a photo the next time I wear them. Cheers!

post #48897 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Is there another maker that produces as many shoes in Horween shell as Alden? Is anyone close?
I don't think there's a manufacturer with the variety of colors and styles that Alden produces. AE has shell cordovans, not on sale until September. C&J for Ralph Lauren are available but they're cost prohibitive. Carminas and Vass are beautiful in a whole other league sort of way, but I think they use shell sourced from European tanners.
post #48898 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I don't think there's a manufacturer with the variety of colors and styles that Alden produces. AE has shell cordovans, not on sale until September. C&J for Ralph Lauren are available but they're cost prohibitive. Carminas and Vass are beautiful in a whole other league sort of way, but I think they use shell sourced from European tanners.

Carmina does quite a bit of shell and its horween. Mike at epaulet also seems to have no issues sourcing cordovan neither so maybe he stocked up shells himself or carmina does.
post #48899 of 87340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

aldenTanWTB.jpg

This is a foto from last fall, but with all the talk of a cordovan shortage, I just wanted to give a shout out to Alden's Calf offerings. I've been loving these tan wt boots from J. Gilbert. I love the leather so much, I'm considering a tan calf bal or loafer. That being said, a #8 LHS is still next on my list … that is if they're still around when I'm ready to buy smile.gif

"Calf?" I've never heard of this "calf" of which you speak.
LOL
post #48900 of 87340
Was real excited about getting some shell tassels in my life, but even after all the info on the last, i mis-sized. I'm an 8D on the brannock, 7.5D on trubal, and with common knowledge of aberdeen being narrow, i went with a 7.5E. Unfortunately, the shoe is still long (i can stick my finger in the back heel), though the width in the toe box seemed ok. Will a heel pad, insole, or something along those lines be my remedy? Or should I return and size down more bc it will always slip? Does the width of the whole last increase from D to E, or just the toe area?



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***