or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 324

post #4846 of 87806
...

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #4847 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
Just received my Roy pre-orders from Context, they are easily the best looking pair of boots I own. The pull-up leather is amazing.

I haven't had a chance to take any shots yet as the UPS man literally just delivered them, but I'll post some soon. If you've been thinking about picking a pair of these up, do it. I was on the fence and am so happy that I pulled the trigger on them...
You should have taken pictures with the UPS man. Like you putting them on and him pointing towards you, then him trying them on and you pointing to him. You wearing the left, him wearing the right high fiving each other.
post #4848 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post
I have the Leather Goods Connection bridle leather belt in light brown with side stitching and a brass buckle. It's nearly a perfect match for the 405
+1 if you send them a link to a few pictures they can also find a good match and make it for you. They are easy to work with and that is how I got a belt that matches my whiskey shell.
post #4849 of 87806
Should I get the 403 or the new brown tankers?

For those who wear Alden tankers, any cons about them? Was gearing up to buy some 403's (which are readily available and which I've tried on), but now i'm waffling between those and the new LS tankers in brown chromexcel. I'm leaning towards the tanker because they're less common, but I've never had a chance to see a pair in person. Anyone care to talk me into them (or out of them)?
post #4850 of 87806
Get the Tankers now before they're out in your size! I'd prefer them to the regular 403 for the same reason you stated plus Commando Sole > Regular Cork Sole. ...and Ahab. You're disturbed.
post #4851 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
i'm waffling

Wafflers are not allowed to buy Aldens.
post #4852 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Wafflers are not allowed to buy Aldens.

What?! They certainly are if they are waffling between two Aldens.
post #4853 of 87806
I personally prefer commando soles myself but the Barrie does not fit exactly like the Tru-Balance and there's a chance the Tankers won't fit as well as you'd like. Tankers are definitely a good looking boot and very unique, however Indy's are not all that common in real life and I've gotten tons of compliments on my Indy's so I can't really decide which one looks better. My ultimate plan is get a pair of commando soles put on my 2 1/2 year old Indy's at some point in the future. Of course the smart thing to do is to get a pair of the tankers now (or pre-order them) and ALSO get the Indy's as well so that you can rotate the two and get more mileage out of both.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Should I get the 403 or the new brown tankers

For those who wear Alden tankers, any cons about them? Was gearing up to buy some 403's (which are readily available and which I've tried on), but now i'm waffling between those and the new LS tankers in brown chromexcel. I'm leaning towards the tanker because they're less common, but I've never had a chance to see a pair in person. Anyone care to talk me into them (or out of them)?
post #4854 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Should I get the 403 or the new brown tankers?

For those who wear Alden tankers, any cons about them? Was gearing up to buy some 403's (which are readily available and which I've tried on), but now i'm waffling between those and the new LS tankers in brown chromexcel. I'm leaning towards the tanker because they're less common, but I've never had a chance to see a pair in person. Anyone care to talk me into them (or out of them)?

i have the tankers in #8 with commando sole and i love them. indys are easier to get. tankers it is.
post #4855 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
Just received my Roy pre-orders from Context, they are easily the best looking pair of boots I own. The pull-up leather is amazing.

I haven't had a chance to take any shots yet as the UPS man literally just delivered them, but I'll post some soon. If you've been thinking about picking a pair of these up, do it. I was on the fence and am so happy that I pulled the trigger on them...

are you a panerai guy if you are the fiddy is one hell of a watch.
post #4856 of 87806
Does anyone have pictures of the Leffot kudu ptb in action? Cheers.
post #4857 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
tankers it is.

Yup, tankers it is.

I just put in my order, and should get them by the middle of next week. I'll post pics when they come in (in case anyone wants to see them in more detail in time for the current preorder.)

I like Mini's idea of eventually picking up the 403 as well.
post #4858 of 87806
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post
Of course the smart thing to do is to get a pair of the tankers now (or pre-order them) and ALSO get the Indy's as well so that you can rotate the two and get more mileage out of both.
+1

Brown Indy and Black Tanker would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
are you a panerai guy if you are the fiddy is one hell of a watch.
Da Fiddy is an iconic PAM but T-dial is where its at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
I just put in my order, and should get them by the middle of next week. I'll post pics when they come in (in case anyone wants to see them in more detail in time for the current preorder.)
Nice!
post #4859 of 87806
Whiskey PTBs today for a casual Friday. I'd like to get them in Cigar too...
post #4860 of 87806
has anyone had any experience with this seller on ebay: daboss2222
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***