or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3218

post #48256 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Anyone know if shell is nuc proof? Maybe a little leather defender just in case?

Saphir glaçage, actually. Got to ward off those UV + x rays with a Mac method/mirror spit shine.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #48257 of 87348
This might be a first for this thread. I just received one of Nick Horweens #4 cordovan belts. Here's a pic with my Ravello LWB's for colour comparison. Of course now I must have a pair of #4 shell shoes. Did someone say something about chasing unicorns?
post #48258 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Welcome to ***The Official Alden Thread***

Seriously though, thank you for your response, and you are probably right that its not worth the trouble.  I was leaning towards just returning them, but wanted to see what others would do if they were in my shoes (pun intended).

I just hate to let go of a perfect pair, in my size, at a discount.
Despite what is stated here there are a lot of perfect pairs of Alden's out there. If the issues are some small coloration issues it will most likely work it self out over time with wear and brushing. If this were calf you have additional options in the small amount of dye in the wax and leather conditioner. A lot of the problems posted on this board are enlarged, closeup, pictures in optimal lighting. I even see people say things like, I really cannot take a good picture of it. So if you have to hold it in your hand a 10 inches from your face to see it and be in the right lighting conditions to capture it on film, what chance does someone have seeing it over 3 feet away and moving, even if they know what they are looking for?
post #48259 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

This might be a first for this thread. I just received one of Nick Horweens #4 cordovan belts. Here's a pic with my Ravello LWB's for colour comparison. Of course now I must have a pair of #4 shell shoes. Did someone say something about chasing unicorns?
Unicorn shell is the grail of shell. It is the lightest colored of all the shells, never has marks and attracts virgins.

post #48260 of 87348
^ Oh God, I can't stop laughing!
post #48261 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

This might be a first for this thread. I just received one of Nick Horweens #4 cordovan belts. Here's a pic with my Ravello LWB's for colour comparison. Of course now I must have a pair of #4 shell shoes. Did someone say something about chasing unicorns?

Nice looking belt, wish I would have seen the post before they sold out. I have yet to find anything close to that color to match my #4 wingtips boots.
post #48262 of 87348

These 'Alden' shell shoes are on ebay cheap... oddly cheap with several pairs, do these look right to you guys?  Soles look off but maybe I haven't seen this particular line or something?

 

 

 

post #48263 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

Nice looking belt, wish I would have seen the post before they sold out. I have yet to find anything close to that color to match my #4 wingtips boots.
Thanks a lot. Thanks also to mediahound for posting the link. Maybe we can work out a deal to trade wearing each others #4 on alternating days.
post #48264 of 87348
That is one weird lookin' shoe - something about that last.
post #48265 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Thanks a lot. Thanks also to mediahound for posting the link. Maybe we can work out a deal to trade wearing each others #4 on alternating days.

Whaaat. I lost my credit for being the original poster about it
post #48266 of 87348
double iPhone post
post #48267 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post

These 'Alden' shell shoes are on ebay cheap... oddly cheap with several pairs, do these look right to you guys?  Soles look off but maybe I haven't seen this particular line or something?
When I saw them I assumed they were from the orthopedic line.
post #48268 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

This might be a first for this thread. I just received one of Nick Horweens #4 cordovan belts. Here's a pic with my Ravello LWB's for colour comparison. Of course now I must have a pair of #4 shell shoes. Did someone say something about chasing unicorns?

#4 will forever be my unicorn, seemingly.

I love the colorchanges on your ravellos. Moving up the toebox over the broguing you get that light carmel color. inlove.gif
post #48269 of 87348
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Whaaat. I lost my credit for being the original poster about it
I humbly ask for permission to revise and extend my thanks to rydenfan for authoring the original post.
post #48270 of 87348
No. 8 dress shell on Grant Last today...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***