or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3209

post #48121 of 99251

 

I am curious if anyone has ideas how to minimize the pictured creasing.  This occurred on my first wear after a couple of hours.  This has never happened to me with previous calf styles.  These are on the Plaza last in my typical size--meaning that I have not stretched them a great deal due to improperly small sizing.  I did my normal brush, Reno, brush, and buff before the first wearing.  The creasing was not evident before the first wearing.  Any thoughts on what I can do to address the creasing?  Would a deer bone maybe help?  I would expect this sort of creasing after a significant period of use, but I am a little alarmed it occurred so quickly.

post #48122 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

^ WAYWT is #1 by far, double the next one.

Alden is #2.

I'm pretty sure the thrift thead beats them both.
post #48123 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

I was snooping around TSMs page on lunch and thought that these we pretty cool. Would be a good look for summer.

Those are nice... but I liked these better from Union Made...

 

 

I like the chromexcel/suede rather than suede/suede combo...  Mine have shipped and I am waiting on them...

post #48124 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

 

Yes it's comical. I have chronic sleep problems and often get out of bed a 2,3,4 am when I get tired of tossing and turning. It always amazes me how active this thread is even at those late hours.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I'm just posting here to say how ridiculous this thread can be. 105 replies in less than 24 hours.

*disillusioned*

 

My better half thinks that we are all nuts...  LOL...  And cannot understand why "guys take pictures of their shoes and put them on the Internet" .... Hysterical...

post #48125 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalceoAdamator View Post

Those are nice... but I liked these better from Union Made...

 

 

I like the chromexcel/suede rather than suede/suede combo...  Mine have shipped and I am waiting on them...

 

 

How about these....just received them yesterday. AOC circa 2006/2007

 

post #48126 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post


I'm pretty sure the thrift thead beats them both.

Alden is in SW&D. 

post #48127 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post







I am curious if anyone has ideas how to minimize the pictured creasing.  This occurred on my first wear after a couple of hours.  This has never happened to me with previous calf styles.  These are on the Plaza last in my typical size--meaning that I have not stretched them a great deal due to improperly small sizing.  I did my normal brush, Reno, brush, and buff before the first wearing.  The creasing was not evident before the first wearing.  Any thoughts on what I can do to address the creasing?  Would a deer bone maybe help?  I would expect this sort of creasing after a significant period of use, but I am a little alarmed it occurred so quickly.

I once had a pair of brown calf chukkas where the leather did a similar thing in the creases. It looked absolutely awful. I chalked it up to just getting some crap hides and moved on. I hate to say this, but they won't get any better no matter what you do either.
post #48128 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post


I have never had this problem but I would be concerned if I did. Do they both have the same sole? If they are both double leather than maybe they are too hard? Do you notice any Overpronation or Underpronation?

All three are leather soles.  I wear an insert in them now but it is off the shelf.  Maybe something custom would be better.  I will have to look into that.

post #48129 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post


If your knees ache on the interior (where they would touch each other) it's likely you overpronate and have a collpased or collapsing arch. It is possible that you need or usually wear shoes with greater arch support and in these Aldens (which are very flat) you will experience pain.

As mentioned before, the Modified Last does have a high arch, as it is an orthopedic shoe. While I myself have a slight natural arch - it also collapses. Thankfully, I can wear flatter shoes so long as the waist is wider. I find that using heel taps can cause greater knee pain for some people, as they make the shoe less flat and tilt your knees in. Obviously, this is hardly noticeable for some, but for people who are sensitive to changes like that - proceed with caution.

I will have to look into getting something with a Modified Last to give it a spin.  I guess it would be a good thing and a bad thing if I had to sell my shoes and start over, eh?

post #48130 of 99251
for those who have the pleasure of wearing this suede tassel:

1. Doe they look funny with socks? Do you wear them with chinos/jeans/slacks?

2. Copley last run TTS?

post #48131 of 99251


Got the black fleece chukkas today, grain on one shoe is almost gone is this from sun wear or from creasing? Not really noticeable when wearing but a bit curious. Posting from mobile so click to enlarge

Also find this pair (10.5d) to fit tighter than my shell lwb which is a 10d fwiw
post #48132 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post


I once had a pair of brown calf chukkas where the leather did a similar thing in the creases. It looked absolutely awful. I chalked it up to just getting some crap hides and moved on. I hate to say this, but they won't get any better no matter what you do either.

 

This is what I'm afraid of.  I can't return them now since they're worn.  Do you think there is any utility to calling or emailing Alden about it?  What is Alden's factory email address even?

post #48133 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

This is what I'm afraid of.  I can't return them now since they're worn.  Do you think there is any utility to calling or emailing Alden about it?  What is Alden's factory email address even?

I also have a few plaza lasted Alden's. Cap-toe blucher, monk, and chukka. I've had the monk for 5 years and the creasing has eased as the leather has softened with wear and time. I would not be worried about the creasing. Also, do not build up the polish on the creased areas. This will highlight the creases.

Elliott
post #48134 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post


How about these....just received them yesterday. AOC circa 2006/2007



Shaunw, just amazing sir. That's a great find, go buy a lottery ticket, right now.
post #48135 of 99251
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post


How about these....just received them yesterday. AOC circa 2006/2007



Those are SWEET!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***