or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3205

post #48061 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post



Leffot NST with Leather Defender applied for spring showers & EP

I like everything that's going on here.

post #48062 of 99232
Hmm then perhaps it was another pair. I had the high bid at $66.00 and then in the last four or five minutes it jumped up to the high one hundreds. Perhaps it was a different pair. I often wonder if I'm competing against my fellow forum mates on the bay.
post #48063 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Scotch grain Modified PCT boot:

great looking boots.

post #48064 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Well you can sit back behind your screen and make broad assumptions about how other people are messing up without basing it on anything of substance, but the two pictures you posted probably contradict what you are trying to say so I will post your own pictures:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
cd2d4bdb_4185a54a_DSCF0939.jpeg

9b1c8bb4_fa7ac13e_1.jpeg

It seems both of the catastrophic life events that you were forced to endure were in the inside of the shoes between the heel and the toe box. Really? REALLY? Who the eff sees that part of the shoe? Are you wearing these or taking them onto the subway and licking them?

My post of the PTB with the vertical line does not mention anything about whether the imperfection is man made or natural. I was simply giving an example of a first that I didn't think passed as a first, which is a critique of QC that I think I am qualified to evaluate, and that does not require any specialized knowledge as long as I wasn't claiming how the imperfection occurred (which I did not up until this point).

I only began speculating about man made vs. natural in response to YOUR reply, asking "LOL! Are the "flaws" you mention really Alden or is it a characteristic of shell?" Perhaps you weren't really asking the question and were being sarcastic? Forgive me if I didn't pick up on that. After all, you called me a "special flower" at one point in this exchange.

As for your second paragraph, I made a point of saying "I'm sure all Alden shells have some degree of imperfection, and you kind of have to decide where you draw the line." If you would accept the imperfections I posted as first quality, then your line is more lenient than mine. I'm fine with that.
post #48065 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Hmm then perhaps it was another pair. I had the high bid at $66.00 and then in the last four or five minutes it jumped up to the high one hundreds. Perhaps it was a different pair. I often wonder if I'm competing against my fellow forum mates on the bay.


I'm sure fellow thread followers unknowingly compete on ebay routinely.  I think I picked up those suede PTBs back in December.  They are 10.5D.  They were buy it now for a long while and I sent a message offering a significantly lower number and was surprised the next day.

post #48066 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

My post of the PTB with the vertical line does not mention anything about whether the imperfection is man made or natural. I was simply giving an example of a first that I didn't think passed as a first, which is a critique of QC that I think I am qualified to evaluate, and that does not require any specialized knowledge as long as I wasn't claiming how the imperfection occurred (which I did not up until this point).

I only began speculating about man made vs. natural in response to YOUR reply, asking "LOL! Are the "flaws" you mention really Alden or is it a characteristic of shell?" Perhaps you weren't really asking the question and were being sarcastic? Forgive me if I didn't pick up on that. After all, you called me a "special flower" at one point in this exchange.

As for your second paragraph, I made a point of saying "I'm sure all Alden shells have some degree of imperfection, and you kind of have to decide where you draw the line." If you would accept the imperfections I posted as first quality, then your line is more lenient than mine. I'm fine with that.
Let me know when you start your own company. There was nothing wrong in either of the pictures that would prevent them from being first quality, but if you feel that way then please move on up to EG and you will not have to worry about it. nod[1].gif
post #48067 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Does anyone have these plain toe boots? Saw them on Unionmade. Really liking them.
a2ymeges.jpg
I have them and they are fantastic...maybe my favorite casual boots. They're even better in person. Mine came with tan laces which give them a different vibe...a bit sunnier as it brings out the tan tones. Basically an Indy minus the toe stitching but more versatile IMO.
post #48068 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

x leffot



i really like the brass eyelets and the reverse storm welt. should've preordered with leffot.
post #48069 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

x leffot



Can't wait for these to be reordered. Spoke with Steven today and he said probably not until next Summer. So sharp!
post #48070 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by monologuist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Does anyone have these plain toe boots? Saw them on Unionmade. Really liking them.
a2ymeges.jpg
I have them and they are fantastic...maybe my favorite casual boots. They're even better in person. Mine came with tan laces which give them a different vibe...a bit sunnier as it brings out the tan tones. Basically an Indy minus the toe stitching but more versatile IMO.
Thanks for the input, mono. I really am liking these. I dunno how I missed these before. I think I'm going to pick these up for the fall. Are these relatively readily available? Or should I jump on them if I find my size!
post #48071 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Can't wait for these to be reordered. Spoke with Steven today and he said probably not until next Summer. So sharp!

I'm hoping I can preorder an odd size on these next time. I asked Steven last year and he said they couldn't take special requests for anything other than D widths. But most of their recent pre-orders have a new section built in to their website where they seem to be able to take special size requests.

Has anyone successfully used this order form to get something other than a standard size made?
post #48072 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Thanks for the input, mono. I really am liking these. I dunno how I missed these before. I think I'm going to pick these up for the fall. Are these relatively readily available? Or should I jump on them if I find my size!
Here's a pic of them with tan laces:


They seem to get restocked once or twice a year, but usually go quickly.
post #48073 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by jereth View Post

Based on only one experience I would say no. Just received the wrong shoes from J Crew today but had to stare at them and inspect them for about 1/2 hr anyway. The left shoe seemed fine while the right shoe had a total of 9 holes not punched.

Is JCrew's customer service better then Alden's own retailers? If I do buy shell from Alden, I will probably buy from BB just because I had good experience with BB, but then my choices are pretty limited I guess...
post #48074 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post



Leffot NST with Leather Defender applied for spring showers & EP

 

sweet moses those are glorious  

post #48075 of 99232
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post


Is JCrew's customer service better then Alden's own retailers? If I do buy shell from Alden, I will probably buy from BB just because I had good experience with BB, but then my choices are pretty limited I guess...

One of the main benefits with J Crew is you can make your return at any local store, rather than have to send them back at your expense. A negative with them (and any retailer in your state) is the darn sales tax. ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***