Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Park Ave 10.5 EE Drop (MacNeil and Aldens are sold) Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My girlfriend just bought me these Alden LWB color 8! Show yours off! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 2/9/14 at 3:11pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3201
Styleforum Top Picks
Thank you sir. I laud your opinion and sentiment. My point being only that there still is a level of appropriate dress required in certain circumstances. A well fitted anything will enhance your deportment in most situations. Confidence, confidence, confidence! My dad always told me that manners and etiquette are the best cloths a gentleman can wear.
I'm with you. It's the reason I dress the same when working in an office or at home, and it's why I wear shell to bars. It makes me feel good. I can feel my posture correct itself when I change from jeans into a suit. I walk differently. I converse differently. The way I feel when I dress well has a significant effect on my productivity with respect to work and women.
I'm really digging the look of the Alden + Context Rough Roy Boot. I'm not too familiar with Alden and had a couple of questions.
1) Are these worth the $535 (a pretty subjective question I'm sure, and one which is not meant to offend).
2) Is anything similar by Alden available now (from anywhere else), therefore avoiding the 6 month wait time? If yes, some suggestions would be great! Looking for a dark suede, laced boot.
I love these. I like them better than the chromexcel Roys, granted I've never seen either in person. I just think the rough out would look so good after some wear. If I had the funds I'd wait for these.
Many report that unlined suede and unlined shell fit looser than their lined counterparts in the same size. That seems to make sense.
But my expereience has been just the opposite, as my unlined shell ptb's and unlined suede ptb's (all on barrie) are actually more snug than their lined counterparts. Go figure .........
This echoes what Joe at Alden DC told me last time I stopped by.
Question about Leydon Last unlined chukkas...should I go up a half size from my normal Barrie LWB size (D width) in length AND go up a width to "E"?...Just go up a half size in length?...Or just go up in width to "E" and stay the same length size?
FYI, my LWB's are sized a half size down from TTS like most people, and they fit just right as I have a slightly wide and flat foot. My Barrie-lasted boots are a half size bigger but still D width, as I find Barrie-lasted boots to fit slightly narrower than the shoes.
Depends on your feet. I was at Alden on Friday and tried the unlined chukkas on. Jim at Alden San Francisco told me 'the house' (ie. Alden, sorta funny he calls it that) recommends either the next size up from Barrie or the same size but in a wider width.
I wear 8D in Barrie and tried on an 8E unlined suede Chukka and could feel the front of the shoe with my toes. 8.5D fit perfectly, so for me, Leydon last seems TTS as that's what I measure on the Brannock.
Thanks, finally got a hold of someone there.
Not chukka on Leydon last but a nice makeup on Barrie just arrived at LS:
This is interesting - my 8.5D JCrew Cap Toe Boots are actually smaller in exterior dimension/circumference than my 8D LWBs. Both are Barrie last.
Interior feels about the same.
I know a lot depends on the width of the welt and the LWB have a really wide welt. But still interesting that an 8.5D is be smaller than an 8D.
This seems to be a theme for Barrie lasted high boots. For example, my 11 D Tankers on the Barrie appear to fit similarly to 10.5 D and 11 C PTBs on the Barrie.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 22 seconds ago
- › Lifetime Collective Cyclists Tee - Small 56 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140307: DocHolliday's White Shirt Blues 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Two days and 6 store later...Finally bought my shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw