IMO G R E A T casual look... damn I need those asap .. are they Barrie or Leydon ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 3169
Styleforum Top Picks
There is an entire section of this forum dedicated for sales. This thread is for discussion not hawking
I have a normal pair of brown cordovan that is (should be) a medium brown. I ended up getting Saphir Reno and also the natural Cordovan Cream. Absolutely fantastic. Just talking about it makes me want to polish them again tonight, which I will probably do.
I also have the navy polish for my black shoes (calf) from Saphir, another top notch product. Use very sparingly, I ruined a pair of laces because that polish STICKS.
I highly recommend it. I alternate Alden brown paste wax and the Saphir Dark Brown Cordovan cream on my cigars. The cordovan cream adds more moisture.
Just received my first pair of Alden shoes, Indy boots in Black. They are seriously the best looking shoes I have ever seen. The leather and quality is simply just amazing. Was worried with the warmer days they I would be unable to wear them, like I could with my red wing chukkas, the indys are only 1 1/2 inch higher, and a lot lighter in weight.
To care for them I plan on just brushing them once in a while. Is there anything else anybody would recommend?
A boot would be a different story. Would look similar to a pair of jump boots then.
Thanks for the info. I just checked the website and don't see where you are finding this. Would you mind posting a link when you get a chance?
GREAT SHOE! Hard for for me. Too big or too small but I got the larger size and they get a lot of wear. Stand up like troopers.
I think I may be a fan too. I recently picked up the Cordovan color of it and it does seem to moisturize better than Venetian or Renovateur. I have only used it on my Burgundy AE Cambridges, but that pair does not bloom as much as my other shoes where I was only using Venetian or Renovateur. I am probably going to pick up a jar of the neutral one next time I am near B. Nelson.
Here's a picture of the Burgundy to show everyone the color.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Solito Thread 12 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 12 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 14 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth